BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards
|Headquarters||Jacksonville, Florida, United States|
Number of locations
U.S. Gulf Coast
|Services||Ship building, conversion, repairs, and maintenance|
Number of employees
|Website||BAE Systems Ship Repair|
BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards is a division of BAE Systems Ship Repair, which itself is a subsidiary of BAE Systems Inc., the North American arm of British defense conglomerate BAE Systems. It was formed through the acquisition of Atlantic Marine from the J.F. Lehman and Company private equity firm in May 2010 for $352 million.
BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards is headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, with shipyards at Jacksonville, Mayport, Florida and Mobile, Alabama. The Florida facilities employ an approximate combined total of 900 people and the Mobile facility employs approximately 800. The Florida yards are considered to be the Southeast Coast facilities. The Jacksonville shipyard performs luxury yacht refits and repairs, commercial and naval ship repairs and conversions, industrial and marine fabrication, and assembly. The Mayport facility, located on leased property at Naval Station Mayport, performs maintenance and repair on United States Navy ships. The Gulf Coast facility at Mobile provides dry docking and heavy-lift capacity for the largest ships, pier space, industrial and marine fabrication, equipment and system installation.
- "BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards seeks to diversify production". Marine Log. March 22, 2012. Archived from the original on January 16, 2013. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "BAE Systems Ship Repair". BAE Systems Ship Repair. BAE Systems. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- Ellen Mitchell (September 11, 2012). "BAE marks keel-laying with ceremony for Weeks Marine hopper dredge". Press-Register. Retrieved September 12, 2012.
- Hoyos, Carola (September 11, 2010). "BAE prepares to streamline US business". The Financial Times. London.
- Szakonyi, Mark (May 18, 2010). "BAE to buy Atlantic Marine for $352M". Jacksonville Business Journal. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards up and running". Marine Log. July 14, 2010. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards". BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards. BAE Systems. Archived from the original on August 4, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "Jacksonville and Mayport". BAE Systems Ship Repair. BAE Systems. Archived from the original on June 13, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "Mobile". BAE Systems Ship Repair. BAE Systems. Archived from the original on April 26, 2012. Retrieved July 16, 2012.