BAFTA Award for Best Direction
This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|BAFTA Award for Best Direction|
The 2019 recipient: Sam Mendes
|Awarded for||Excellence in film directing|
|Presented by||British Academy of Film and Television Arts|
|Currently held by||Sam Mendes for 1917 (2019)|
The BAFTA Award for Best Direction is a British Academy Film Award presented annually by the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). It was previously known as David Lean Award for Achievement in Direction. John Schlesinger, Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, Alan Parker, Louis Malle, Joel Coen, Peter Weir, Ang Lee, and Alfonso Cuarón tie for the most wins in this category, with two each. Martin Scorsese holds the record for most nominations, with ten.
Multiple wins (2 wins):
Winners and nominees
- Academy Award for Best Director
- Guldbagge Award for Best Director
- Golden Globe Award for Best Director
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Director
- Directors Guild of America Award for Outstanding Directing – Feature Film
- "Awards Database: Search our record of winners & nominees, Year of Presentation: 1986, Award: Film". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. Retrieved 2020-01-19.
- "All BAFTA Film Awards Winners for Direction". IMDb. Retrieved 2020-02-12.
- "BAFTA Awards Search - BAFTA Awards". awards.bafta.org. Retrieved 8 April 2018.