|Type||Radio network and website|
|Sabir Mustafa (Editor)|
BBC Bangla was launched on 11 October 1941 with a 15-minute programme under the BBC World Service. BBC Bangla's headquarters used to be Bush House, but, since 2012, it has been broadcast from Broadcasting House in London as well as from BBC bureaux in Dhaka and Kolkata..
The programmes of BBC Bangla are broadcast on FM radio, mediumwave and shortwave, their website and their internet radio and video services. BBC Bangla reaches 13,000,000 Bengali speaking people. Its radio and online services have listeners from many Bengali communities including those in Bangladesh, West Bengal, Tripura and Assam.
BBC Bangla mainly focuses on news-based daily programming and sports news. They also broadcast entertainment programmes, news analysis, and discussion about daily newspapers' lead stories. In addition they respond to and discuss messages and opinions from the audience.
Broadcasts on FM Radio
BBC Bangladesh Songlap is a live programme of the BBC Bangla service broadcast in association with Bangladeshi satellite channel Channel i. The main focus of this programme is questions from the general public to relevant authorities about important issues.
- "BBC Blogs - About the BBC - Sabir Mustafa". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "সত্তরে বিবিসি বাংলা". banglanews24.com. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "আমাদের সম্পর্কে". BBC Bangla. 6 September 2016. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "BBC Bangla - how to listen". Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "BBC - Debate programme Sanglap - Media Action". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 18 February 2019.
- "চ্যানেল আইয়ের পর্দায় আসছে বিবিসি ক্লিক". channelionline. Retrieved 18 February 2019.