This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
A screenshot of the Bitesize homepage
Type of site
|Free online study resource|
|Available in||English, Welsh and Gaelic|
The Key Stage 1 section covers 18 subjects: Art and Design, Computing, Design and Technology, English, French, Geography, , History, Mandarin, Maths, Modern Foreign Languages, Music, Physical Education, PSHE and Citizenship, Religious Education, Science, and Spanish. The Key Stage 2 site covers the same 18 subjects. The Key Stage 3 section contains 33 sections. The GCSE section of the website contains 37 subjects.
Until 2014, the Standard Grade section of the site had 12 subjects: Biology, History, Chemistry, Computing Studies, Maths, English, Modern Studies, French, Physical Education, Geography, and Physics. The site was updated in 2014 to replace the Standard Grade section with the National 4 and National 5 sections. Gaelic versions of the National 4 and National 5 sections were also added.
Until 2014, in the Higher section, Biology, English, Geography, Maths, Chemistry, History, Modern Studies, Physics and the Scotland-only subject Scottish Gaelic were available. The Higher section was also updated to the new Curriculum for Excellence qualification. Early and 1st level, 2nd level, 3rd level, and 4th level resources were added to bring the site in line with the Curriculum for Excellence.
Northern Ireland section
In 2014, a Northern Ireland section was added to the site. It solely contains links to the English language KS1/KS2/KS3/GCSE sections.
- Williams, Peter John (October 2007). "Valid Knowledge: The Economy and the Academy". Higher Education. 54 (4): 511–23. doi:10.1007/s10734-007-9051-y. JSTOR 29735128.
- "KS1 Section". BBC. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "KS2 Section". BBC. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "KS3 Section". BBC. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "GCSE Section". BBC. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Standard Grade Bitesize". Bbc.co.uk. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 2012-06-28.
- "CA3 Section". BBC. 1970-01-01. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "BBC Bitesize - TGAU". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-07-16.
- "BBC Bitesize - Home". www.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-07-16.