British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association
|Jurisdiction||British Columbia, Yukon|
|Chief Exec||Barry Petrachenko|
The British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association, more commonly known as BC Hockey,is a non-profit organization and member branch of Hockey Canada in charge of governing amateur hockey at all levels in British Columbia and Yukon Territory. It comprises approximately 150 minor hockey associations, 55,000 players, 4,500 referees, and 20,000 official volunteers.
Founded in 1919 as the British Columbia Amateur Hockey Association, BC Hockey has seen many changes and substantial growth over the years. The organization continues to strive to provide training and resources for volunteers so that they may better serve the amateur hockey community.
The organization is overseen by an Executive Committee composed of 21 elected members and one appointed member (the Executive Director who does not get to vote on issues).
- British Columbia Hockey League - Junior "A"
- Kootenay International Junior Hockey League - Junior "B"
- Pacific Junior Hockey League - Junior "B"
- Vancouver Island Junior Hockey League - Junior "B"
- Central Interior Hockey League - Senior "AA"
- BC Hockey Major Midget League - Midget "AAA"
- Pacific Coast Amateur Hockey Association - Minor
- British Columbia Senior Hockey League
- Cariboo Hockey League
- Okanagan Mainline League
- Pacific Coast Junior Hockey League
- Pacific Northwest Hockey League
- Rocky Mountain Junior Hockey League
- West Kootenay League
- Western International Hockey League