|Privately Held Company|
|Founder||A. Hamilton Bolton|
Number of locations
|London, New York, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Sydney, Cape Town and Sao Paulo.|
Martin H. Barnes, Chief Economist
BCA Research Inc. is an independent provider of global investment research and investment strategy advice. BCA was founded by A. Hamilton Bolton in 1949 in Montreal, Canada. The firm is also known by the title of its first publication The Bank Credit Analyst.
BCA provides economic analysis and trend forecasts of the major financial asset classes and geographic markets. These include equities, foreign exchange, fixed income and commodities & energy. The geographical coverage includes the US, Emerging Markets, Europe, China and Global strategies. BCA delivers the research through weekly bulletins, daily insights, special reports, proprietary market studies, chart packs and conferences. BCA Research clients include portfolio managers, hedge funds, asset management firms, pension funds and endowments, central banks, security dealers, sovereign wealth funds, private banking, insurance companies, private equity firms, family offices and individual investors.
The founder, A. Hamilton Bolton was noted for his work on the Elliot Wave Theory, and published Money and Investment Profits, a book on investments and the business cycle, just prior to his death in 1967. He was succeeded by Anthony Boeckh, who led the company from 1968 to 2001. During that time, Bolton’s original work on supercycles was refined into what BCA calls the debt supercycle.
1002 Sherbrooke St. W., Ste. 1600
Montreal, QC H3A 3L6
514 499 9550
- Bloomberg, Businessweek BCA Company Overview http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=8368798
- Integrity Research BCA Research Grabs a Goldman Strategist; March 24, 2010
- EuroIRP The Centre for the Study of Financial Innovation Has Independent Research Come of Age? June 2011 http://www.euroirp.com/cms/documents/CSFI_EuroIRP_WEB.pdf
- The Complete Elliott Wave Writings of A.Hamilton Bolton, with a foreword by Robert R. Prechter and a biography by A.J. Frost. New Classics Library, 1994. ISBN 0-932750-22-2
- Arthur Hamilton Bolton, Dow Jones-Irwin, Inc., 1967
- Debt: Feeding the fire CanadianBusiness.com By Matthew McClearn | January 23, 2008
- The End Game Of The Debt Supercycle July 19, 2010 posted by JOHN MAULDIN
- Metal Bulletin raises profile in North America - Citywire by Rodney Hobson Jan 12, 2001
- Metal Bulletin uses net to haul in profits - Telegraph by Josephine Moulds | August 23, 2006