BCS Sri Lanka Section
|Type||Professional Organisation & Local Section of the British Computer Society|
|Focus||Information and Communications Technology|
|Method||Conferences and Publications|
|Mr. Geethapriya Tillekeratne (Chairman)|
The BCS Sri Lanka Section (BCSSL) is a professional body and learned society in the field of Computering and Information Technology in Sri Lanka. It was established in 1996, incorporating local members of BCS, The Chartered Institute of IT as the first overseas branch of BCS.
The section has over 2,000 professional members (MBCS) and over 3,000 student members. Around 322 members are Chartered Information Technology Practitioners (CITP)s. BCSSL counts more than 35 Fellow Members(FBCS) amongst its membership. The Parent body, BCS is the industry body for IT professionals and a Chartered Engineering Institution for Information Technology (IT). The institute organizes the National Best Quality Software Awards annually as benchmark industry awards.
- Prof Gihan Wikramanayake, FBCS, CITP (2009 - 2012, 2007 - 2008)
- Sujeewa Dissanayake, MBCS, CITP (2008 - 2009)
- Dr. Dileepa de Silva, FBCS, FCMI, CITP (2006 - 2007)
- K. Ramathas CITP (2004 - 2006)
- Jayantha de Silva, FBCS, CITP (2002 -2004)
- Dr. Bandu Ranasinghe FBCS, (1997 - 2001)
- Dr. Gamini Wickramasinghe, FBCS, FCMI (1996 - 1997)