This Article relies too much on references to primary sources. (January 2021) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Tukwila, Washington, United States|
|Benson Porter (CEO)|
Michael Sweeney, Chairman of Board of Directors
|Products||Savings; checking; consumer loans; mortgages; credit cards; online banking|
Number of employees
|2,000 as of 2018|
BECU is a credit union originally established to serve employees of The Boeing Company. BECU was founded as Fellowship Credit Union in 1935 by 18 Boeing employees, and was named Boeing Employees' Credit Union for much of its history. Its headquarters are located in Tukwila, Washington. As of September 30, 2017, BECU had over $17.5 billion in assets and over 1.06 million members, making it the largest credit union in Washington and fourth largest in the United States. Benson Porter is the current President and CEO.
Originally, BECU was only open to past and present employees of the Boeing Company, its subsidiaries or affiliates, BECU itself, and the Museum of Flight. In 2002, membership was opened to all Washington state residents and their family members.
On November 2, 2017, BECU changed its logo, replacing the 'cursive E' logo that had been used by the organization since the late 1980s, with a sans-serif logo.
- "2014 Sustainability - Data Overview" (PDF). Becu.org. Retrieved 4 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Q3 2017 Quarterly Financial Statement" (PDF). BECU. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "The top 50 U.S. Credit Unions". Credit Union Access. Archived from the original on 8 July 2011. Retrieved 6 June 2013. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "BECU Fast Facts". BECU. Retrieved 21 May 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Executive Management Team". BECU. Retrieved 21 May 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "BECU Expands Financial Services in Eastern Washington with North Spokane Location". BECU. Retrieved 2017-09-20.
- "You Spoke. We Listened. The Best Member Ideas of 2016". BECU. Retrieved 6 September 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "BECU Join Today". BECU. Retrieved 21 May 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Washington's BECU updates logo but sticks with its name". The Seattle Times. 2 November 2017. Retrieved 4 January 2019. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)