|Broadcast area||Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, South Perak, West-Central Pahang, parts of Negeri Sembilan, Malacca and Johor|
|Slogan||The Business Station|
|First air date||4 September 2008|
|Format||Business talk radio|
|Language(s)||English and some Malay|
BFM 89.9 is a Malaysian independent business and current affairs-oriented radio station.
It first went on air on 4 September 2008, promoting itself as Malaysia's first business radio station with a goal "to build a better Malaysia by championing rational, evidence-based discourse as a key element of good policy decisions".
BFM as "The Business Station" provides its own dedicated business programmes which cover international and local business news headlines, stock market reports and interviews with corporate personalities and start-ups. Despite this, it also includes non-business programming into its roster such as interviews with experts on personal and professional development, health, and the arts. The station also made its foray into sports programming by having live broadcasts of Premier League matches since August 2009. BFM offers live talk programming between 6am and 9pm weekdays, and during its live Premier League football games during weekends.
BFM is also notable for playing adult-oriented rock music during non talk-programming segments, considered a rarity in Malaysia where more mainstream radio stations prefer to play recent pop music. It also plays Malay songs during off-peak hours from 11pm to 6am daily.
- The Morning Run, 6am to 10am.
- Enterprise, 10am to 2pm.
- The Bigger Picture, 2pm to 5pm.
- Evening Edition, 5pm to 8pm.
- The Week In Review, 9am to 10am.
- Bar None, 10am to 11am.
- Style File, 11am to 12pm.
- Feeding Time, 12pm to 1pm.
- I Love KL, 1pm to 2pm.
- Pick of the Pops with Patrick Teoh, 2pm to 4pm.
- Wavelength, 4pm to 5pm.
- A Bit of Culture, 5pm to 6pm.
- Nightschool, 6pm to 7pm.
- The Muddy Confluence Musical Companion, 8pm to 9pm.
- In Case You Missed It, 10am to 11am.
- Enterprise Wrap, 11am to 12pm.
- Twang, 12pm to 1pm.
- Ticket To Ride, 1pm to 2pm.
- Take Five, 2pm to 3pm.
- Team Rock Classic Rock Magazine Show, 3pm to 5pm.
- TED Radio Hour, 5pm-6pm.
- The Bigger Picture Wrap, 6pm to 6.30pm.
- British Council The Selector, 8pm to 10pm.
- 33RPM, 10pm to 11pm (also on Tuesdays).
As the name suggests, the station can be received on 89.9 MHz in greater Kuala Lumpur metropolitan area (popularly known as the Klang Valley). However, it can also be accessed in other parts of the Peninsular Malaysia as well under the same frequency:
- Perak (Tapah, Bidor, Temoh, Sungkai, Trolak, Slim River, Tanjung Malim, Teluk Intan, Bagan Datoh, Langkap, Hutan Melintang, Chenderiang, Manjung, Ayer Tawar, Lumut, Pangkor, Changkat Keruing, Batu Gajah, Teronoh and parts of Perak Tengah such as Kampung Gajah, Bota, Lambor Kanan, Seri Iskandar as well as Parit);
- West Pahang (Kuala Lipis, Raub, Temerloh, Padang Tengku, Lanchang, Mentakab, Bera, Triang, Karak, Dong, Benta, Lurah Bilut, Sungai Ruan, Sungai Koyan, Sega, Fraser Hill, Genting Highlands, Maran, Jengka, Chenor and some Gambang areas)
- Negeri Sembilan (Nilai, Port Dickson, Bahau, Gemas, Pedas, Linggi, Simpang Durian, Simpang Pertang, Rompin, Serting, Bandar Seri Jempol, Rembau, Rantau, Siliau, Si Rusa, Teluk Kemang, Felda Palong, Juasseh, Mantin, Lenggeng, parts of Seremban);
- Malacca (Masjid Tanah, Sungai Udang, Kem Terendak, Kuala Sungai Baru, Lubuk Cina, Malacca Town, Alor Gajah);
- Johore (Batu Anam, and Segamat).
- Raymond Phoon from Malaysia
- Andrew Chow from Singapore
- Dodge O'Dorland from New York, USA
- Ben LeBrun from Australia
- Tim Mulholland from Chicago, USA
On 17th May 2017, the BFM 89.9 IOS app became the first Malaysian radio app to be Apple CarPlay ready. The BFM CarPlay bypasses FM frequency transmission restrictions, to allow for better accessibility in Malaysia, as well as globally.It was developed with Snappymob
- Aishah Mustapha (4 March 2009). "No slapstick at BFM89.9". The Edge. The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd. Archived from the original on 4 June 2009.
- Tan, Kathleen (18 August 2009). "BFM’s Barclays EPL matches not meant to compete with Astro, says CEO Malek". The Edge. The Edge Communications Sdn Bhd. Archived from the original on 7 January 2010.
- 'Search Raymond Phoon on BFM,"BFM Podcast" 22 Jan 2016.
- 'Search Andrew Chow on BFM,"BFM Podcast" 22 Jan 2016.
- Official website
- BFM 89.9 on Facebook
- BFM 89.9 Feeding Time on Facebook
- BFM 89.9 on Instagram
- BFM 89.9 on Twitter