BHP Port Kembla D16 class
|BHP Port Kembla D16 Locomotive|
D16 was one of the fleet of Locomotives that was built with more engine power than D1 class with 12 delivered between 1959 and 1964 to haul trains on Australian Iron & Steel's, Port Kembla network.
All leased to Pacific National in August 2007 when BlueScope outsourced the operation of its rail network. The Locomotives remained the property of BlueScope Steel. The remaining examples are expected to be withdrawn in 2014.
- Oberg, Leon (1984). Locomotives of Australia 1850s-1980s. Frenchs Forest: Reed Books. pp. 186–187. ISBN 0 730100 05 7.
- "Australian Iron & Steel" Railway Digest October 1986 pages 299-303
- 850 Class (Port Kembla) Railpage
- Port Kembla - Diesel Locomotive Fleetlisting Light Rail Research Society of Australia
- BlueScope announces further job losses at Port Kembla ABC News 5 May 2007
- BlueScope to outsource Port Kembla rail ops to Pacific National Archived 2 February 2014 at the Wayback Machine Rail Express 7 May 2007
- Pacific National orders genset locomotives International Rail Journal 11 July 2013