This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
All artists working for BiArtis are acknowledged academic painters. Each bag is followed by a handmade painted silk scarf by the same author with fragments of painting which are sewn in to the purse.
Prices for these bags range from €1000 to 2500. Costs escalate according to the motifs on a painting sewn onto it. Discounts are not given for as the painting gets older the bag gains more value as a peace of art.
The creator and inventor of BiArtis bags, Elizabeth Suzana Kozina, as every woman is crazy for shoes and bags. In the end of 2012, she wanted to put art work on something else than walls, so she thought: I can put painting on a bag.
In the beginning of 2013, she draw her dream on paper and she ordered oil on canvas from a painter and went to a factory for them to sew it into a bag prototype.
But, what they did was not good, so she wanted another one but it wasn't good either. So the factory said it could not be done. You can't sew oil on canvas on a bag, and she literally was kicked out of factory. In the meantime, she found out about another factory, 5 minutes away from last one, she showed the ruined bag to an owner and asked: "Can you do better than this?". He replied: "Not only I can but I WILL", and that is how BiArtis bag was made.
First publicly shown BiArtis bag, that satisfied the inventor's criteria, was introduced in May 2015.
- leather colors.
- Each bag comes with painted silk scarf and the painting uniqueness certificate with a special generated number to protect it against copying and stealing.
- No serigraph and printing.
- Any painting from a purse can also be ordered in XXL format, but then contract needs to be signed to agree that painting is not only one in the world since one already exists on the bag but in a smaller format.
The bags are handmade in Croatia. First blueprint is made, then academic painter paints a painting and a scarf .The painting needs 20 days to dry. Next thing is choosing model and color for the bag. Painting then is taken to a factory where sawing painting and bag is handmade at same time and it is done with gloves, because painting is applied in bag, not on it. Then, completed bag is taken to photographer to take photo after which certificate of uniqueness is made.
Bag and certificate is put in exclusive satin bag and than in exclusive white box with declarations.
Time needed for one bag to be done is two months.
The rarity of these bags are purportedly designed to increase demand by collectors of art for as the painting gets older the bag gains more value.
As the result, BiArtis bag is currently in The Museum of Bags and Purses (Dutch: Tassenmuseum Hendrikje), located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. It is a museum devoted to historic handbags, purses and suitcases. The museum's collection includes 4,000 items dating back to the 16th century and a BiArtis bag is among them.
A BiArtis bag is also presented to buyers on a delivered BiArtis pad and with white BiArtis gloves.
With each passing day, BiArtis brand is more and more recognized, both in fashion and business life circles.
- "Luksuzni unikati: kliška damska torba od 12 tisuća kuna kreće u osvajanje svijeta". Slobodna Dalmacija. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "BIARTIS | Lions Hrvatska". lions.hr. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- WOW.HR. "WOW.HR - Hrvatska društvena mreža". wow.hr (in Croatian). Retrieved 2016-04-11.[permanent dead link]
- "Luksuzne torbe s Klisa: za 12 tisuća kuna dobijete i certifikat o jedinstvenosti". Slobodna Dalmacija. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Extravagant - prvi riječki modni portal - Like dana: Biartis torbe". extravagant.com.hr. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Unikatne torbe s Klisa idu na sajam luksuza u Moskvu". Slobodna Dalmacija. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Luksuzne hrvatske torbice koje su osvojile svjetske metropole". Hrvatska radiotelevizija. Retrieved 2016-04-11.
- "Elizabeth Suzana Kozina, poduzetnica koja torbom osvaja svijet - Lider Media". 2016-07-08. Retrieved 2016-07-13.