Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Bis or bis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bis can also be used as a notation, which indicates that an item has been, or is to be, repeated; this is typically used in accounts and in music.
Bis or BIS can also refer to:
Film and books
- Bis (film), a 2015 French comedy film
- Bis (magazine), a Japanese high-teens' magazine published by Kobunsha
- Bis Télévisions, French TV chain
- BIS Records, a Scandinavian record label focusing on classical works
- Bis Music, Cuban record label
- Bis (Scottish band), a Scottish Indie pop band
- Bis (Japanese rock band)
- BiS (Japanese idol group) a Japanese idol group formed by Pour Lui
Chemistry and technology
- The 14-bis, an early fixed-wing aircraft derived by Alberto Santos-Dumont from his Number 14 airship-aircraft hybrid
- Bis is used in chemical nomenclature sometimes instead of the prefix di-, such as in fructose 1,6-bisphosphate
- Bis (Bisulfite) or Bisulfite sequencing in Genomics, to differentiate between methylated and non-methylated cytosine in the Genome (Epigenetic).
- Nomenclature for a compound with two complex ligands coordinating around a central atom. Example: potassium tetrakis[3,5-bis(trifluoromethyl)phenyl]borate.
- Bank for International Settlements, an international organization for cooperation among Central Banks
- Bureau of Industry and Security, a component of the United States Department of Commerce
- The now defunct Department for Business, Innovation and Skills of the United Kingdom government
- Bureau of Indian Standards
- Benevolent Irish Society
- British Interlingua Society, a society that promotes Interlingua in the UK
- British Interplanetary Society, the oldest space advocacy society
- Best in Show, the highest-placing in a conformation dog show, cat show, or other show or exposition
- Bezpečnostní informační služba, the Czech Security Information Service
- BIS hallmark, a jewellery hallmarking in India.
- Bislama language (ISO 639 alpha-3 code bis)
- Bismarck Municipal Airport (IATA code BIS)
- Bloque Institucional Social Démocrata
- Bohemia Interactive (BIS), a Czech video game developer
- British International School Lagos
Psychiatry and psychology
- Barratt Impulsivity Scale, a self-administered test to measure impulsivity
- Behavioural Inhibition System
- Bilateral integration and sequencing
Science and technology
- BIS Back-illuminated sensor, a type of digital image sensor
- BIS monitor or bispectral index, to assess the depth of anaesthesia
- Business Information Server, a new name for the Unisys MAPPER product
- Boot Integrity Services, a feature described in the Preboot Execution Environment specifications
- BlackBerry Internet Service
- Business Information Systems, a popular university degree course.
- Bachelor of Independent Studies, an undergraduate degree
- Bachelor of Integrated Studies, an undergraduate degree
- Bachelor of Interdisciplinary Studies, an undergraduate degree
- Bangladesh International School
- Bavarian International School
- Bordeaux International School
- Brisbane Independent School
- British International School (disambiguation)
- Burlingame Intermediate School, a middle school in Burlingame, California
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title BIS.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.