|Tour by Maxwell|
|Start date||June 17, 2009|
|End date||December 2, 2009|
|No. of shows||50 in North America|
11 in Europe
|Maxwell concert chronology|
BLACKsummers'night Tour is a tour by American R&B singer Maxwell. The tour was in support of his platinum hit album BLACKsummers'night. The trek kicked off on June 17, 2009, in Grand Rapids, Michigan throughout North America. The tour continued during the fall with a second U.S. run in September, and additional dates added throughout Europe, his first tour there in 11 years.
Before the release of Maxwell's anticipated album BLACKsummers'night released on July 7, 2009 the singer embarked on a summer tour that kicked off in North America on June 17, that ended on August 2, in New York. Following the summer U.S. leg, he added dates for the fall outing starting Sept 2, at the House of Blues in Boston, Massachusetts that included supporting acts R&B singer Chrisette Michele and hiphop artist Common joining him on Sept. 25 in Toronto. Maxwell kicked off a European tour on oct 28, in Birmingham, UK with a final run ending on November 13, at London' s o2 Academy Brixton.
- "Phoenix Rise"
- "Dance wit Me"
- "Sumthin' Sumthin'"
- "Get to Know Ya"1
- "Bad Habits"
- "Lovin' You"
- "Simply Beautiful" (Al Green song)
- "Everwanting: To Want You to Want"1
- "Gravity: Pushing to Pull"2
- "Help Somebody"
- "Fistful of Tears"
- "No One"
- "Playing Possum"2
- "This Woman's Work"
- "Stop the World"
- ". . . Til the Cops Come Knockin'"
- "Pretty Wings"
- "Ascension (Don't Ever Wonder)"
- "Whenever, Wherever, Whatever"
1 performed only on select dates in the US and Europe
2 performed on dates in the USA
- Keyboards/Piano: Robert Glasper
- Guitar: Hod David, Derrick Hodge
- Bass: Sean Michael Ray
- Percussions: Timbali Cornwell
- Drums: Chris Dave, Spanky Mc Curdy
- Trombone: Saunders Sermon
- Saxophone: Kenneth Wahlum III
- Organ: Shedrick Mitchell
- Trumpet: Keyon Harrold
- Background vocals: Latina Webb, Keyon Harrold, Saunders Sermon, Kenneth Wahlum III
|June 17, 2009||Grand Rapids||United States||DeVos Performance Hall|
|June 19, 2009||Hammond||The Venue|
|June 20, 2009||Milwaukee||Riverside Theater|
|June 23, 2009||Seattle||Paramount Theater|
|June 24, 2009||Vancouver||Canada||Chan Centre for the Performing Arts|
|June 26, 2009||Las Vegas||United States||Pearl Concert Theater|
|June 29, 2009||Phoenix||Dodge Theatre|
|July 1, 2009||Austin||Bass Concert Hall|
|July 2, 2009||San Antonio||Majestic Theater|
|July 4, 2009||New Orleans||Louisiana Superdome|
|July 8, 2009||New York City||P.C. Richard & Son Theater|
|July 12, 2009||Nashville||Ryman Auditorium|
|July 13, 2009||Louisville||The Louisville Palace|
|July 15, 2009||Columbus||Palace Theatre|
|July 16, 2009||Cleveland||Allen Theatre|
|July 18, 2009||Pittsburgh||Heinz Hall|
|July 19, 2009||Buffalo||Shea's Performing Arts Center|
|July 21, 2009||Albany||Palace Theater|
|July 22, 2009||Newark||New Jersey Performing Arts Center|
|July 24, 2009||Atlantic City||Borgata|
|July 25, 2009||Mashantucket||MGM Grand at Foxwoods|
|July 27, 2009||Norfolk||Chrysler Hall|
|July 28, 2009||Savannah||Orpheum Theater|
|July 30, 2009||Tampa||Ruth Eckerd Hall|
|July 31, 2009||Miami||American Airlines Arena|
|August 2, 2009||Jacksonville||Times-Union Center for the Performing Arts|
|August 3, 2009||North Charleston||North Charleston Coliseum|
|August 5, 2009||Durham||Durham Performing Arts Center|
|September 2, 2009||Boston||House of Blues|
|September 4, 2009||Kissimmee||Gaylord Palms Resort Center|
|September 25, 2009||Toronto||Canada||Air Canada Centre|
|September 26, 2009||Detroit||United States||Joe Louis Arena|
|September 28, 2009||New York City||Madison Square Garden|
|September 30, 2009||Richmond||Richmond Coliseum|
|October 2, 2009||Washington, D.C.||Verizon Center|
|October 3, 2009||Philadelphia||Wachovia Spectrum|
|October 5, 2009||Atlanta||Philips Arena|
|October 6, 2009||Charlotte||Time Warner Cable Arena|
|October 8, 2009||Chicago||United Center|
|October 9, 2009||St. Louis||Scottrade Center|
|October 10, 2009||North Little Rock||Verizon Arena|
|October 12, 2009||Dallas||American Airlines Center|
|October 13, 2009||Houston||Toyota Center|
|October 16, 2009||Los Angeles||Hollywood Bowl|
|October 17, 2009||Concord||Sleep Train Pavilion|
|October 20, 2009||Memphis||FedExForum|
|October 21, 2009||New Orleans||Lakefront Arena|
|October 23, 2009||Baltimore||1st Mariner Arena|
|October 28, 2009||Birmingham||United Kingdom||O2 Academy Birmingham|
|October 30, 2009||Manchester||Manchester Academy|
|October 31, 2009||London||Hammersmith Apollo|
|November 3, 2009||Paris||France||Casino de Paris|
|November 4, 2009||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Heineken Music Hall|
|November 6, 2009||Cologne||Germany||E-Werk|
|November 7, 2009||Zürich||Switzerland||Kaufleuten|
|November 9, 2009||Copenhagen||Denmark||Amager Bio|
|November 10, 2009||Stockholm||Sweden||Berns Salonger|
|November 12, 2009||Brussels||Belgium||Ancienne Belgique|
|November 13, 2009||London||United Kingdom||Brixton Academy|
|December 2, 2009||Los Angeles||United States||Nokia Theatre|
- Maxwell book cities for upcoming tour Archived 2012-05-11 at the Wayback Machine.concerttour.org
- "Maxwell tour dates for blacksummers'night". Archived from the original on 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2012-03-28.
- http://www.soulbounce.com.Maxwell announces fall arena tour with Chrisette Michele and Common Archived 2011-09-19 at the Wayback Machine
- http://www.gigjunkie.net.Maxwell announces European tour
- http://www.singersroom.com.Maxwell confirms official Summers'night tour dates
- www.billboard.com-Maxwell adds new dates for summer tour
- Maxwell's 2009 fall European tour dates add Archived 2010-02-06 at the Wayback Machine.www.thelatestmaxwellnews.com
- Maxwell live in Atlanta review.by Mark Edward Nero-10/2009
- Live Review: Maxwell BlackSummersNight Tour in London