|Formerly||KooGa Australia (1999–2011)|
|Parent||Esperança Timor Oan|
The overall but now heavily transitioned company has origins as far back as 1999, but evolved from the Australian arm of the brand KooGa. Australian founder Kim Brant began to re-brand KooGa Australia to "BLK" in 2011. BLK has a network of suppliers in France; Ireland; Japan;New Zealand; South Africa; United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates and the United States. BLK's headquarters in the Gold Coast features its own fully operational warehouse while they also have production facilities in Fiji.
The parent company of BLK, World Rugby Specialists, was placed into external receivership in November 2016. In January 2017, BLK was acquired by a consortium of Fijian and East Timor investors (led by oil and energy company Esperança Timor Oan), amid BLK's financial issues.
BLK is the official supplier and sponsor of sports teams, players, associations and events, including:
- KooGa would like to introduce BLK on Touch Football site, 12 Nov 2013
- Consortium of private investors buys troubled sportswear brand BLK by Dominic Powell on Smart Company, 20 Jan 2017
- Uniform strife as supplier goes into receivership by Matt Thompson] on AFL website, Nov 16, 2016
- Ailing sports firm BLK sold on The Australian
- Fan Gear on BLK website, retrieved 25 Sep 2019