The BLU-108 is an air-delivered submunition, containing four further smart "Skeet" submunitions. The system is manufactured by Textron Defense Systems. The BLU-108 would be released from some kind of munitions dispenser, and becomes parachute-retarded to slow its descent. It then fires the four rapidly rotating skeets, which using multi-mode optical sensors can identify a variety of targets ranging from tanks and missile launchers to railway locomotives and landed aircraft. When the skeet passes over what it considers a high priority target (this priority can be changed prior to employment), it fires a 2 lb explosively formed penetrator providing armor-piercing and incendiary effects, as well as a fragmentation ring meant to damage any soft targets, primarily enemy persons, in the immediate vicinity of the target.
- Length: 78.8 cm (31.0 in) 
- Diameter: 13.3 cm (5.25 in)
- Maximum lateral dimension: 18.4 cm (7.25 in)
- Weight: 29.5 kg (65 lb)
- Height: 9.5 cm (3.75 in).
- Diameter: 12.7 cm (5.0 in).
- Weight: 3.4 kg (7.5 lb).
- Seeker: Dual-mode active (laser) and passive (infrared) sensors.
- Explosive: 945 g (2.08 lb) Octol.
- Kill mechanism: Explosively formed penetrator and fragmentation.
- CBU-97 Sensor Fuzed Weapon
- AGM-154B Joint Standoff Weapon
- U-ADD (Universal aerial delivery dispenser)
|This article related to weaponry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|