BL Publishing is a division of Games Workshop, and is split into three sections:
- The Black Library publishes novels, art books, background books and graphic novels set in the Warhammer Fantasy world and the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Black Flame published science fiction and horror novels based on licensed third party intellectual property. It was disbanded in 2008.
- Warhammer Historical Wargames publishes historical wargames including Warhammer Ancient Battles. It was disbanded in November 2010.
Solaris Books, founded in Spring 2007 as an imprint of BL Publishing, focussing on original works of science fiction and fantasy, was acquired in September 2009 by Rebellion Developments for an undisclosed sum.
Also associated with BL Publishing:
- Warp Artefacts - This used to be the imprint of BL Publishing that marketed official artefacts from the worlds of Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000; including art prints, clothing and life sized replicas of Warhammer items. Early 2006 they were brought closer to Black Library under the banner of BL Merchandise.
- Sabertooth Games - Collectable Games, including a number of different Collectible card games and Collectible miniatures games. Sabertooth and BLP are both parts of what is known organisationally inside GW as the Entertainment & Media Division (EMD). Sabertooth handles hobby sales of BLP titles in the US and Canada, and vice versa is true in Europe through BLP.
- Black Industries was Games Workshop's role-playing game imprint. They marketed the second edition of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay and (for a short time) Dark Heresy, based in the Warhammer 40,000 universe.
- Rebellion acquires Solaris imprint, The Book Seller, September 3, 2009
|This article about a media company in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a publishing company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|