BMDP was a statistical package developed in 1965 by Wilfrid Dixon at the University of California, Los Angeles. The acronym stands for Bio-Medical Data Package, the word package was added by Dixon as the software consisted of a series of programs (subroutines) which performed different parametric and nonparametric statistical analyses.
BMDP was originally distributed for free. It was later sold by Statsols, who originally was a subsidiary of BMDP, but through a management buy-out formed the now independent company Statistical Solutions Ltd, known as Statsols. BMDP is no longer available as of 2017[update]. The company decided to only offer its other statistical product nQuery Sample Size Software.
- "In Memoriam: Wilfrid J. Dixon B". University of California. Archived from the original on 2016-03-03.
- "Oral History of Wilfrid J. (Wil) Dixon and Linda Glassner: Interviewed by Luanne Johnson" (PDF). March 27, 1986.
- "About Statsols - Provider of nQuery".
- "BMDP history on Statsols (Statistical Solutions) About Us Page". Retrieved 2018-05-04.
- Article on the Free Online Dictionary of Computing