BMW 1 Series (F52)
|BMW 1 Series (F52)|
|Assembly||Tiexi Plant (China)|
|Body and chassis|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Layout||Front-engine, front-wheel drive|
|Platform||BMW UKL2 platform|
|Wheelbase||2,670 mm (105 in)|
|Length||4,456 mm (175.4 in)|
|Width||1,803 mm (71.0 in)|
|Height||1,446 mm (56.9 in)|
The BMW 1 Series (F52) is a subcompact executive sedan made in China, unlike the other variations of the BMW 1 Series, which are manufactured in BMW's Plant Leipzig. This vehicle has been built specifically for the Chinese and Mexican markets by BMW Brilliance, a joint venture between BMW and Brilliance Auto. Unlike other BMW 1 Series cars of the time, it uses the front-wheel drive UKL platform. It was first shown at Auto Guangzhou in 2016, and sales started in China in February 2017. Due to its success in the Chinese market the BMW F52 was later sold in Mexico in 2018.
However, despite local success of the car, BMW does not have any plans to produce the 1 Series for any other markets, besides what was originally intended.
- Of, Andreas (27 February 2017). "Vorstellung BMW 1er Limousine für China: Stufenheck-BMW mit Frontantrieb". auto motor und sport (in German). Retrieved 21 June 2017.
- Horatiu Boeriu (21 November 2016). "BMW 1 Series Sedan makes world debut at Auto Guangzhou 2016". BMWBLOG. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- Stefan Ogbac (18 July 2016). "2017 BMW 1 Series Sedan Revealed for Chinese Market". Motor Trend. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- Boeriu, Horatiu (23 January 2017). "Up-Close and Personal with the BMW 125i Sedan". BMWBLOG. Retrieved 31 January 2017.
- Panait, Mircea (27 June 2018). "F52 1 Series Sedan Launched By BMW In Mexico". autoevolution. Retrieved 17 September 2019.
« previous — BMW cars: 2000s to 2010s