BMW 4 Series
|BMW 4 Series|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact executive car (D)|
|Body style||2-door coupé|
4-door gran coupe
|Predecessor||BMW 3 Series (E92/E93)|
The BMW 4 Series is a range of coupé, convertible and fastback models manufactured by the German automaker BMW since 2013. It was unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in January 2013 in Detroit.
The 4 Series was created when BMW spun off the 3 Series 2-door models (coupé and convertible) into a separate series. In 2014, the "4 Series Gran Coupé" 4-door fastback body style was added to the range.
First generation (F32/F33/F36; 2013-present)
The F32/F33/F36 series is the first generation of BMW 4 Series. It was launched in mid-2013 as the successor to the E92/E93 coupe/convertible models of the fifth-generation 3 Series range. The F32/F33/F36 is produced alongside - and shares many features with - the F30 3 Series. The body styles of the range are:
- 2-door coupe (F32 model code)
- 2-door convertible (F33 model code)
- 4-door fastback coupé (F36 model code, marketed as "4 Series Gran Coupe")
As per the F30 3 Series range, the F32/F33/F36 is powered by turbocharged petrol and diesel engines with 3 cylinders (petrol only), 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders.
Second generation (G22/G23/G26; 2020-)
BMW unveiled the Concept 4 at the 2019 Frankfurt Auto Show, which was 85 percent representative of the production version, and also form the basis of the all-electric BMW i4. Stylistically, the front is dominated by a large new interpretation of the kidney grille, featuring a more vertical design to distance it from the G20 3 Series.
- "First Look: BMW 4 Series Coupe Concept". www.automobilemag.com. Retrieved 7 December 2012.
- "BMW Concept 4 Series Coupe". www.bmw.com. Archived from the original on 8 December 2012.
- "BMW 4 Series Coupe: Information". www.bmw.com. Archived from the original on 21 June 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BMW 4 Series.|
« previous — BMW cars: 2000s to 2010s