|Product type||Automotive marque|
Zinoro (之诺) is a luxury automobile marque owned by BMW Brilliance which specialises in electric vehicles. It was launched in 2013.
Zinoro 1E (之诺1E) is all-electric crossover, based on the BMW X1 (E84), is the first product of BMW Brilliance’s new brand and the first new energy vehicle (NEV) from a Chinese premium manufacturer. Since early 2014 the Zinoro 1E is available for leasing only in Beijing and Shanghai.
BMW Brilliance unveiled the all-electric Zinoro 1E at the 2013 Guangzhou Auto Show. The all-electric crossover is based on the BMW X1 (E84) and is the first product of BMW Brilliance’s new brand and the first new energy vehicle (NEV) from a Chinese premium manufacturer.
The Zinoro 1E has a rear-mounted 125 kW electric motor and produces peak torque of 250 N·m (184 lb-ft). The motor is powered by a lithium iron phosphate battery pack that can deliver an all-electric range of up to 150 km (93 mi). Charging of the battery takes around 7.5 hours with a 16A wallbox. Top speed is electronically limited to 130 km/h (81 mph).
Since early 2014 the Zinoro 1E is available for leasing only in Beijing and Shanghai, and the company plans to open another showroom in Shenyang. Leasing starts at 400 RMB per day (~US$65) or 7,400 RMB per month (~US$1,200). The annual contract includes the wall box charger, car registration plate, insurance, maintenance, and repairs. The Zinoro 1E is eligible for a NEV plate in Beijing, which has a registration quota of 20,000 new energy vehicles for 2014. In Shanghai license plates are auctioned for the equivalent of just under €10,000 as of September 2014[update]. Electric cars get their license plate free of charge.
- Mike Millikin (2013-11-21). "BMW Brilliance unveils Zinoro 1E BEV at Guangzhou show". Green Car Congress. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- Hao Yan (2014-04-25). "BMW Brilliance's different path to crack market". China Daily. Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- Christiane Kühl (2014-09-24). "ElektromobilitätElektroautos - China nimmt neuen Anlauf" [Electromobility: Electric cars - China takes a new approach]. Manager Magazin (in German). Retrieved 2014-09-27.
- BMW Launches X1 PHEV In China, But Don't Call It A BMW
- Official Photos Of The Brilliance-BMW Zinoro 60H