|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Vikram Pawah |
Number of employees
BMW India is a subsidiary of the BMW Group. It is based in India and its headquarters are located in Chennai . Its facilities include a manufacturing plant in Chennai which was built in 2007, a parts warehouse in Mumbai, a training center in Gurgaon, NCR, and a network of dealerships. BMW India manufacturers BMW, MINI.
Chennai BMW Plant
The Chennai BMW Plant opened on March 29, 2007, and has since assembled over 57,000 vehicles. Among these include: the BMW 3 Series, the BMW 3 Series Gran Turismo, the BMW 5 Series, the BMW 7 Series, the BMW X1, the BMW X3 and the BMW X5. Assembly of the BMW 6 Series Gran Turismo, is expected to begin in 2018.
- BMW 3 Series (Sedan only)[when?]
- BMW 5 Series (Sedan only)[when?]
- BMW 7 Series[when?]
- BMW X1[when?]
- BMW X3 launched April 2018 
- BMW X5[when?]
- BMW X6[when?]
- BMW M3[when?]
- BMW M4[when?]
- BMW M5[when?]
- BMW 6 Series[when?]
- BMW M6[when?]
- BMW X5 M[when?]
- BMW X6 M[when?]
- BMW Z4[when?]
- BMW i8[when?]
Number of units sold by year
This section is missing information about sales from 2006-2011.(December 2017)
|10,851||11,192(including Mini (340 MINI))||7,861||9,800||63,544|
As of April 1, 2018 BMW has launched its first production line of the MINI Countryman model in India, the delivery of which will begin by June of the same year. MINI has established five exclusive dealerships in India.
- MINI Cooper[when?]
- MINI Cooper Convertible[when?]
- MINI Countryman[when?]
- MINI Clubman[when?]
- Countryman (2010-2016)
BMW Financial Services India
BMW Financial Services India is a 100% subsidiary of the BMW Group and is headquartered in Gurgaon (National Capital Region). It offers financing and insurance products and in particular it operates with three business lines: Retail Finance, Commercial Finance and Insurance Solutions.
States and cities in India with one or more BMW dealership (number of dealerships):
|State||City||Number of dealerships|
|West Delhi, South delhi|
- "Vikram Pawah appointed as CEO of BMW Group Australia and New Zealand". Autodevot. Retrieved 24 July 2018.
- "BMW Group Plant Chennai scores a decade of "Sheer Driving Pleasure" in India". BMW Group. Retrieved 2018-02-15.
- "BMW India rolls out locally assembled 3 Series GT". Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "2014 BMW X5 local assembly begins in India". Retrieved 20 June 2016.
- "BMW launches new X3 at Rs 49.99-56.7 lakh in India". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- Chauhan, Chanchal Pal (2015). "Audi retains no 1 spot in luxury car pecking order, Mercedes-Benz & BMW follows". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-12-12.
- "Audi sells 11,192 units in India in 2015; loses top slot to Mercedes - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-12-01.
- "Audi sales fall, no longer number two in India - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "BMW Group India posts 25% sales growth in 2017 at 9,800 units". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 2018-01-04.
- "Global leader BMW ranks third in Indian luxury car market". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 2017-12-13.
- "BMW India to localise iconic MINI". The Financial Express. 2018-03-30. Retrieved 2018-04-26.
- "BMW Group Plant Chennai scores a decade of "Sheer Driving Pleasure" in India". Retrieved 2018-04-26.
« previous — BMW cars: 2000s to 2010s