|Body and chassis|
|Class||Compact luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door SUV|
First generation (F26; 2014–2018)
The vehicle was unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show, followed by the 13th Beijing International Automotive Exhibition 2014, and at the 22nd Auto Mobil International Leipzig 2014. Early models included xDrive20i, xDrive28i, xDrive35i, xDrive20d, xDrive30d, and xDrive35d.
The M Performance M40i model was announced in 2015. It was officially revealed at the 2016 Detroit Auto Show, and produces 265 kW (355 hp) and 465 N⋅m (343 lb⋅ft) from its turbocharged 6-cylinder engine. It has a 0–100 km/h time of 4.7 seconds. It went on sale from February 2016.
Second generation (G02; 2018–present)
The vehicle was unveiled in late 2017 and shares its platform and basic styling elements with the third-generation BMW X3. Available variants include xDrive30i, xDrive20d, xDrive30d, xDriveM40i, and xDriveM40d.
In North America, the 2019 BMW X4 went on sale in the second quarter of 2018 as an early 2019 model year vehicle. It is available in either xDrive30i or M40i variants. Pricing starts at $50,450 for the xDrive30i, or $60,450 for the M40i.
Production and sales
|Year||Total||EU sales||US sales|
- BMW at the 114th New York International Auto Show 2014.
- 2015 BMW X4 is a budget X6
- BMW at the 13th Beijing International Automotive Exhibition 2014.
- BMW at the 22nd Auto Mobil International Leipzig 2014.
- The new BMW X4.
- Specifications of the new BMW X4, valid from July 2014.
- The new BMW X40 M40i
- "BMW unveils M2 and X4 M40i at Detroit auto show". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "Detroit Auto Show: BMW M2 and X4 M40i". NY Daily News. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
- "2016 Detroit Auto Show: BMW X4 M40i". BMW BLOG. Retrieved 2016-01-11.
BMW X Series vehicles
|X6||E71 / E72||F16||G06|