BMW X5 (F15)
|BMW X5 (F15)|
|Production||1 August 2013 – present|
Greer, South Carolina, United States (BMW America)
Kaliningrad, Russia (Avtotor)
Jakarta, Indonesia (Gaya Motor)
|Designer||Mark Johnson (2010)|
|Body and chassis|
|Class||Mid-size luxury crossover SUV|
|Body style||5-door wagon|
|Engine||Diesel TTT I6|
|Transmission||8-speed ZF 8HP automatic|
|Wheelbase||2,933 mm (115.5 in)|
|Length||4,886 mm (192.4 in)|
|Width||1,938 mm (76.3 in)|
|Height||1,762 mm (69.4 in)|
|Curb weight||2,105–2,350 kg (4,641–5,181 lb)|
|Predecessor||BMW X5 (E70)|
The BMW X5 (F15) is a mid-size luxury crossover SUV manufactured and marketed worldwide by BMW since 2013. The car was unveiled in 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show. Early X5 models include xDrive50i, xDrive30d, M50d. BMW xDrive40d, xDrive35i, xDrive25d, sDrive25d were to be added in December 2013.
US models of X5 arrived in US showrooms in the fourth quarter of 2013. Early models include sDrive35i, xDrive35i, xDrive50i, followed by xDrive35d in early 2014, and the xDrive40e, a plug-in hybrid variant in 2015.
- 1 Concept cars
- 2 Production models
- 3 Specifications
- 4 References
- 5 External links
BMW Concept X5 eDrive (2013)
It is a plug-in hybrid concept vehicle version of X5 with kidney grille slats, air intake bars and the inlay in the rear bumper in the BMW i Blue colour; Silverflake metallic body colour, xDrive all-wheel-drive system, specially designed roof rails, a connector for the charging cable that lights up during charging, 21-inch light-alloy wheels in an exclusive aerodynamically optimised design, a four-cylinder BMW TwinPower Turbo combustion engine and a 95 PS (70 kW; 94 hp) electric motor developed by the BMW Group, charging cable stored in the load area below the flat storage compartment, BMW ConnectedDrive with Remote app. The electric motor can be driven at top speed of 120 km/h (75 mph). The battery mode has an all-electric range of 30 km (19 mi).
BMW Concept X5 Security Plus (2013)
It is an armoured version of BMW X5 xDrive50i with protection level VR6, with armoured passenger cell constructed from high-performance steel mouldings and panels, sealed joints, security glass, Intelligent Emergency Call system, optional BMW ConnectedDrive. Other options included LED strobe lights in the radiator grille, roof beacons with a siren system, an auxiliary battery.
BMW X5 M50d, BMW Individual range, Original BMW Accessories (2013-)
BMW X5 M50d includes Adaptive M suspension (Dynamic Damper Control and air suspension at the rear axle, Electric Power Steering), 19-inch M light-alloy wheels in double-spoke design, mixed tyres. The optional Dynamic adaptive suspension package includes Dynamic Performance Control and Dynamic Drive active roll stabilisation.
BMW Individual range includes additional customization options, such as up to seven layers of paint (including Ruby Black metallic, Pyrite Brown metallic) and the addition of special colour pigments creating iridescent effects, 20-inch BMW Individual light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design with mixed tyres, fine-grain full Merino leather trim in Amaro Brown and Criollo Brown from BMW Individual, BMW Individual interior trim strips in Piano Finish Black or Sen Light Brown.
Original BMW Accessories range for BMW X5 include floor mats (with rubber surface integrated in the foot area), luggage compartment mats, transport bags (includes a Storage Bag Fond), seat organiser, ski and snowboard bag (max 4 pairs of skis or 3 snowboards, integrated rollers, handles and a shoulder strap); transport bag for ski boots, helmets and gloves.
The BMW Individual range will be available from December 2013.
The BMW M performance derivative of the F15 X5 is designated F85 and was released in 2015. Its S63B44T2 4.4 liter V8 engine has 575 hp and 553 lb-ft of torque, making it the most powerful engine ever developed for an all-wheel drive BMW. The engine has M TwinPower Turbo and Valvetronic technologies, to deliver a 0-60 mph time of 4 seconds.
An M-tuned xDrive all-wheel drive system provides traction. It distributes drive between the front and rear axles, while Dynamic Performance Control distributes torque between the 21-inch M Double-spoke light-alloy wheels—all for dynamic driving and all-road capability.
The BMW X5 xDrive40e is the first plug-in hybrid released under the core BMW brand. The use of BMW's eDrive technology on the established X5 platform is a direct technology transfer from the BMW i cars, in particular, from the BMW i8 technology.
The production of the plug-in hybrid variant was scheduled to begin in April 2015. Retail deliveries in the U.S. began in October 2015. Pricing starts at US$62,100 plus US$995 destination charge before any applicable government incentives.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rated the X5 xDrive40e combined city/highway fuel economy at 56 mpg‑US (4.2 L/100 km; 67 mpg‑imp) equivalent (MPG-e) in all-electric mode (energy comsuption of 59 kW-hrs/100 mi). The fuel economy in gasoline-only mode was rated at 24 mpg‑US (9.8 L/100 km; 29 mpg‑imp). EPA's all-electric range is 14 mi (23 km) with the car using some gasoline, and as a result, EPA's official range veries between 0 and 14 mi.
BMW X5 emergency vehicles (2014-)
Available for sDrive25d and xDrive30d, X5 paramedic vehicle includes automatic tailgate.
The vehicle was unveiled in 14th RETTmobil trade fair in Fulda (xDrive30d).
The new generation BMW X5 is 5 mm (0.2 in) wider, 26 mm (1.0 in) longer and 14 mm (0.6 in) lower than E70, but wheelbase remains at 2,933 mm (115.5 in). At the front F15 takes design from F30 3 Series while at the back it's similar to other current X series models. The interior now features 10.25 inch display. The exterior, designed by BMW designer Mark Johnson, was approved in November 2010 and production finalized in 2011.
BMW claims the new X5 is made of ultra-high-tensile steel in the body structure, thermoplastics in the side panels, aluminium in the bonnet and magnesium in the instrument panel support to make the new BMW X5 lighter. Depending on the model, the new X5 is as much as 90 kg (198 lb) lighter than a comparably equipped corresponding model from the previous X5 generation.
In December 2013, model-specific BMW Individual options will be added to the optional extras already available for all engine variants of the new BMW X5. Options include BMW Individual fine-grain Merino leather trim in Criollo Brown and Amaro Brown (stitching and piping in a contrasting colour and decorative perforations on the seat surfaces), BMW Individual interior trim strips in Piano Finish Black and Sen Light Brown fine wood, 20-inch BMW Individual light-alloy wheels in V-spoke design with mixed tyres, additional body colours (Mineral Silver, Glacier Silver and Imperial Blue diamond effect metallic paint variants; BMW Individual finishes Ruby Black metallic and Pyrite Brown metallic).
|xDrive35i||2013–present||2,979 cc (181.8 cu in) I6 twin scroll turbo (N55B30)||306 PS (225 kW; 302 hp)@5800-6000, 400 N·m (295 lb·ft)@1200-5000|
|xDrive50i||2013-||4,395 cc (268.2 cu in) V8 twin turbo (N63B44(tü))||450 PS (331 kW; 444 hp)@5500-6000, 650 N·m (479 lb·ft)@2000-4500|
|sDrive25d||2013–present||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 twin turbo (N47D20)||218 PS (160 kW; 215 hp)@4400, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1500-2500|
|xDrive25d||2013–present||1,995 cc (121.7 cu in) I4 twin turbo (N47D20)||218 PS (160 kW; 215 hp)@4400, 450 N·m (332 lb·ft)@1500-2500|
|xDrive30d*||2013-||2,993 cc (182.6 cu in) I6 turbo (N57D30OL(tü))||258 PS (190 kW; 254 hp)@4000, 560 N·m (413 lb·ft)@1500-3000|
|xDrive40d||2013–present||2,993 cc (182.6 cu in) I6 twin turbo (N57D30TOP(tü))||313 PS (230 kW; 309 hp)@4400, 630 N·m (465 lb·ft)@1500-2500|
|M50d||2013-||2,993 cc (182.6 cu in) I6 triple turbo (N57D30S1)||381 PS (280 kW; 376 hp)@4000-4400, 740 N·m (546 lb·ft)@2000-3000|
* North American xDrive35d models used the six-cylinder engine from the European-specification xDrive30d models.
All models include an 8-speed Steptronic automatic transmission.
|Model||Years||Acceleration 0–100 km/h (s)||Top speed||Average fuel cons.||Weight (EU)|
|xDrive35i||2013–present||6.5||235 km/h (146 mph)||8.5 l (27.6 mpg)||/|
|xDrive50i||2013-||5.0||250 km/h (155 mph)||10.4-10.5 (22.6 mpg)||2,250 kg (4,960 lb)|
|Model||Years||Acceleration 0–100 km/h (s)||Top speed||Average fuel cons.||Weight (EU)|
|sDrive25d||2013–present||8.2||220 km/h (140 mph)||5.6 (42 mpg)||/|
|xDrive25d||2013–present||8.2||220 km/h (140 mph)||5.9 (39.8 mpg)||/|
|xDrive30d||2013-||6.9||230 km/h (140 mph)||6.2 (37.9 mpg)||2,145 kg (4,729 lb)|
|xDrive40d||2013–present||5.9||236 km/h (147 mph)||6.4 (36.7 mpg)||/|
|M50d||2013-||5.3||250 km/h (155 mph)||6.7 (35.1 mpg)||2,265 kg (4,993 lb)|
BMW X5 and the corresponding Security models were built in BMW Spartanburg plant in the USA. X5 Security's special security features themselves are installed in the Toluca plant in Mexico.
In 2015 it has shown 50% increase in Russia, being the most frequently bought BMW in Russia.
- Yulisman, Linda (31 March 2015). "BMW plans to locally assemble favorite X5 model this year". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 8 May 2016.
- "Exterior Sketch by Mark Johnson, Exterior Designer BMW X5 (06/2013)". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW at the 2013 Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA)". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2013-09-22. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "The new BMW X5". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "All-New BMW X5 Sports Activity Vehicle". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2013-05-29. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Login (2013-05-29). "2014 BMW X5 doesn't upset the formula". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "The BMW X5 xDrive40e, a plug-in hybrid SUV from Bavaria". Gizmag.com. 2015-03-17. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Login (2013-09-10). "BMW X5 eDrive Concept is utilitarian plug-in hybrid". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "BMW eDrive meets BMW xDrive – an innovative combination designed to deliver efficient driving pleasure: The BMW Concept X5 eDrive". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2012-12-31. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "Secure protection for occupants, on and off road: Armoured BMW X5 provides superior security". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Login (2013-09-11). "BMW shows up-armored X5 concept and we can't get near it". Autoblog.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "The new BMW X5 M50d, BMW Individual, and Original BMW Accessories: Dynamic, exclusive, versatile". Press.bmwgroup.com. 2013-11-16. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "Power play: The new BMW X5 M and the new BMW X6 M.". press.bmwgroup.com. 30 January 2015. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- Tony Borroz (2015-03-16). "The BMW X5 xDrive40e, a plug-in hybrid SUV from Bavaria". Gizmag.com. Retrieved 2016-02-12.
- Eric Loveday (2014-11-20). "BMW Plug-In Vehicles Charge The Stage At 2014 LA Auto Show – i3, i8 & X5 eDrive PHEV". InsideEVs.com. Retrieved 2015-01-02.
- "The BMW X5 xDrive40e". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Jay Cole (2015-11-03). "October 2015 Plug-In Electric Vehicle Sales Report Card". InsideEVs.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- Jay Cole (2015-10-07). "BMW Starts Deliveries Of X5 xDrive40e To US, Configurator Now Live (Update)". InsideEVs.com. Retrieved 2015-11-03.
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Department of Energy (2015-10-21). "2016 BMW X5 xDrive40e". Fueleconomy.gov. Retrieved 2015-10-21.
- "BMW at RETTmobil 2014". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "new x5". autocar. 2013-11-16. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- "The new BMW X5.". press.bmwgroup.com. 30 May 2013. p. 12. Retrieved 13 February 2017.
- "BMW model update measures for autumn 2013". Press.bmwgroup.com. Retrieved 2017-01-07.
- Yelena Smirnova, head of BMW Russia, RBC TV channel http://rbc.ru , 21 January 2015
|Compact||1 Series||E81 / E87||F20 / F21|
|E82 / E88|
|2 Series||F22 / F23|
|F45 / F46|
|3 Series Compact||E36/5||E46/5|
|Compact executive||3 Series||E21||E30||E36||E46||E90 / E91 / E92 / E93||F30 / F31 / F35|
|4 Series||F32 / F33|
|Executive||5 Series||E12||E28||E34||E39||E60 / E61||F10 / F11||G30|
|Luxury||6 Series||E24||E63 / E64||F12 / F13|
|7 Series||E23||E32||E38||E65 / E66 / E67 / E68||F01 / F02 / F03 / F04||G11 / G12|
|Roadster||Z Series||E30 (Z1)||E36/7 & E36/8 (Z3)||E85 / E86 (Z4)||E89 (Z4)|
|M||1 Series M||E82 M|
|M3||E30 M3||E36 M3||E46 M3||E90/92/93 M3||F80|
|M4||F82 / F83|
|M5||E28 M5||E34 M5||E39 M5||E60/61 M5||F10 M5|
|M6||E24 M635CSi/M6||E63/64 M6||F06/12/13 M6|
|M Roadster||E36/7 (Z3) M||E85 (Z4) M|
|M Coupé||E36/8 M Coupé||E86 M Coupé|
|Sports car||E26 (M1)||E52 (Z8)|
|X6||E71 / E72||F16|