KAMAZ-43269 "Vystrel" (BPM-97) on Russian Expo Arms 2009 in Nizhny Tagil
|Type||Wheeled armored personnel carrier|
|Place of origin||Russia|
|In service||1999 - present|
|Used by||See Users|
|Wars||War in Donbass
Syrian Civil War
|Manufacturer||Kamskiy avtomobilny zavod|
|Produced||1999 - present|
|Weight||10.5 metric tonnes|
|Height||2.3 m (1.83 m without armament)|
|Crew||2 + 8 -12 passengers 
2 + 6 passengers (BTR-40B)
|14.5mm KPVT machine gun (optional)
12.7mm Kord machine gun (optional)
|30mm AGS-17 grenade launcher (optional)|
|Engine||KAMAZ 740.10-20 V8 diesel
240 hp 
|Suspension||4×4 wheel, leaf spring|
|Ground clearance||400 mm|
|Fuel capacity||270 l|
|1100 km on roads|
The BPM-97 (Boyevaya Pogranichnaya Mashina - "Battle Vehicle of the Border Guard") or Выстрел (Vystrel) is the Russian military designation for the KAMAZ 43269 Vystrel 4×4 wheeled mine-resistant, ambush protected (MRAP) vehicle. It is produced fitted with several different turrets like the one of the BTR-80A. The vehicle is based on the KAMAZ-43269 and as the name suggests was designed for the Russian Border Guards. The latest model has bulletproof side windows and no gun turret. It has been ordered by Kazakhstan and by the MVD Internal Troops, Federal Prison Service and EMERCOM.
Development began in 1997 at the initiative of the head of the Russian Border Guard Service Andrei Nikolaev. Armored vehicle meant to replace the border guards' main transport GAZ-66. But after a government funding default in 1998, the much delayed public funding of the project finally stopped. In order to offset the cost of the development in the absence of government orders, machines were allowed to be sold to civilian companies. The armored vehicle was used for the transportation of explosives, money and valuable goods. After receiving permission in 2005, some cars were sold to the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan. Production of the "Vystrel" is ongoing at the JSC "Remdizel" plant in Naberezhnye Chelny, where the armoured body and KAMAZ 4326 truck chassis are integrated. Armored Car "Shot" entered service in the Russian Defense Ministry in 2009. Antiterrorist units of all divisions of the Strategic Missile Forces equipped with armored vehicles "KAMAZ-43269" ("The Shot"), reported on May 3, 2013 the official representative of the press and information service of the Russian Ministry of Defense for Strategic Missile Forces Colonel Igor Egorov.
The hull is made of welded Aluminium alloy - The upper part of the body withstands hits from a 12.7×108mm - NSV machine gun at a distance of 300 metres, the lower part from 7.62×54mmR SVD rifles at a distance of 30 m.
The vehicle is divided into the engine compartment and separate crew areas. The body has both side and rear doors, and roof hatches for exiting.
The base vehicle is the KAMAZ 4326 4×4 truck.
Armament varies, the BPM-97 is available with pintle mounted or turret mounted 7.62 mm, 12.7 mm machine guns such as the Kord 12.7mm, 14.5 mm KPV heavy machine guns in a BTR-80 type turret, and a combination turret fitted with a sighting device with 30 mm cannon and 30 mm AGS-30 automatic grenade launchers.
- BPM-97 – Modification for the border troops.
- KAMAZ-43269 "Dozor" – BRM modification for the Army.
- KAMAZ-43269 "Vystrel" (The Shot) – upgraded with a modified armored windshield wipers, transferred air intake and installed an air purification system, introduced during 2011 Exhibition of military vehicles at Bronnitsy test range.
In 2008, KamAZ planned to create a similar three-and four-axle vehicle designed for 13 and 18 men, respectively.
In 2009, vif2ne.ru published photographs of 3 and 4-axle armored vehicles similar to "Shot" design, and later appeared and photographs of triaxial armored car, presumably called "Item 69501".
In 2010, JSC "Krasnodar Instrument Factory Cascade" in exhibition MVSV 2010 was announced 15M107 machine based on KAMAZ-43269 "The Shot", intended for remote search and clearance of minefields, having in its composition electronic administration circuits.
- Russia: Used by the Russian Border Guard.
- United Armed Forces of Novorossiya
- Syria: Syrian armed forces
- "Производство продукции военного назначения на КАМАЗе. Ответы - Денис Мокрушин". twower.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "BTR-40 [ZSRR]: Strona 2 - Pancerni.net". pancerni.abajt.pl. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- Nikolai Mordovtsev "Vystrel" gryanet ... Driving № 2 2006 g.
- "Бронемашины "Выстрел" появились в спецподразделениях РВСН | РИА Новости". ria.ru. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "БПМ-97 – испытание Украиной; Информационное Сопротивление". sprotyv.info. Retrieved 2016-03-29.
- "КАМАЗ-43269 "Выстрел" - Денис Мокрушин". twower.livejournal.com. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Зверинец". trucks.autoreview.ru. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "ВИФ2 NE". vif2ne.ru. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- "Image: %28120126175418%29_z_c93c68cd.jpg, (1280 × 960 px)". vif2ne.ru. Archived from the original on 2012-10-28. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20131203194718/http://blog.t30p.ru/post/novii-BTR-ot-KAMAZa.aspx. Archived from the original on 2013-12-03. Retrieved 2015-09-05. Missing or empty
- "Бронеавтомобили". zashchita.ru. Retrieved 2015-09-05.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to BPM-97.|
- Official Kurganmash website (Russian)
- Official Remidzel Factory site (Russian)
- Protection СБА-60К2 «БУЛАТ» (SBA-60K2 Bulat), a larger version based on the KAMAZ 5350 6x6
- Article at Legion
- Pics at Military Photos
- the Vystrel in service.
- Video of BPM-97
- KAMAZ-43269 Vistrel walkaround
- Upgraded KAMAZ-43269 Vistrel walkaround