British Racing and Sports Car Club
The British Racing and Sports Car Club (BRSCC) is one of the major organisers of motorsport events in the United Kingdom. The club currently runs around forty track racing championships for cars as diverse as Porsche, Caterham, BMW and Mazda. Formed in Bristol in August 1946 as the 500 Club, the organisation changed its name to the BRSCC in 1954 and now has its headquarters in Borough Green, Kent.
|British Racing and Sports Car Club|
|Year of formation||1946|
|Former names||500 Club |
|Telephone number||01732 780100|
|Race Operations & General Manager||Paul McErlean|
The 500 Club, as it was then known, was founded in 1946.  The club promoted racing in 500 c.c. single-seater racing cars, later known as Formula Three. Motor Sport reported in 1947: "The 500 Club's Patron is Earl Howe, its President S.C.H. Davis, and its Vice-Presidents Messrs. Findon, Mays and Pomeroy-which speaks for itself. A stall will be occupied by the Club at the next Shelsley Walsh hill-climb, and its magazine "Iota" will be on sale there."  The name was subsequently changed to The Half Litre Club on becoming a limited liability Company.
In 1954 Motor Sport reported: "The Half-Litre C.C. is contemplating changing its name to the British Racing and Sports-Car Club, in view of changed activities." 
2020 BRSCC Championship Roster
- Avon Tyres National Formula Ford Championship
- Avon Tyres Northern & Super Classic Formula Ford Championship
- British GT Championship
- BRSCC Clubsport Trophy
- BRSCC Fiesta Championship racing with MRF Tyres
- BRSCC Fiesta Junior Championship racing with MRF Tyres
- BRSCC Formula Ford Festival
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Championship
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 SuperCup
- BRSCC Mazda MX-5 Mk4 Trophy
- Caterham Academy Championship
- Caterham Roadsport Championship
- Caterham Seven 270R Championship
- Caterham Seven 310R Championship
- Caterham Seven 420R Championship
- Civic Cup
- Ford F4 British Championship
- Fun Cup Championship
- Hyperdrive ST-XR Challenge
- Nankang Tyres BMW Compact Cup
- TCR UK Touring Car Championship
- Teekay Couplings Production GTi Championship
- Volkswagen Racing Cup
- W Series
- 2018 TCR UK Touring Car Championship
- British Automobile Racing Club
- British Racing Drivers' Club
- Motorsport in the United Kingdom
- Racing Car Show 1966, Official Catalogue and Guide, Page 15.
- Motor Sport, May 1947, Page 119.
- Motor Sport, September 1954, Page 495.
- Racing Car Show 1966, Official Catalogue and Guide, Pages 5, 13.
|This motorsport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|