|Akasaka Gochome, Minato|
BS-TBS, Incorporated (株式会社ビーエス・ティービーエス Kabushiki-Gaisha Bīesu-Tībīesu) is a Japanese satellite broadcasting station headquartered in Akasaka Gochome, Minato, Tokyo. Its channel name is BS-TBS (formerly, BS-i). It is a member television station of Japan News Network.
- Television: BS-TBS is assigned BS161ch - 163ch.
- Radio: BS-i had been assigned 461ch, 462ch, and was closed on September 30, 2005. - TBS Radio & Communications had been produced.
- Data: BS-TBS is assigned BS766ch, BS768ch, but BS768ch is not being used now.
- November, 1998 - Japan Digital Communications, Incorporated (株式会社ジャパン・デジタル・コミュニケーションズ Kabushiki-Gaisha Japan Dejitaru Komyunikēshonzu) founded.
- June, 2000 - JDC was renamed BS-i, Incorporated (株式会社ビーエス・アイ Kabushiki-Gaisha Bīesu-Ai).
- December 1, 2000 - BS-i started broadcasting.
- July, 2004 - BS-i moved its headquarters from TBS Hoso Kaikan to TBS Broadcast Center 15th fl.
- September 30, 2005 - BS-i closed satellite radio broadcasting.
- April 1, 2009 - BS-i, Incorporated was renamed to its current name BS-TBS, Incorporated.
- General programs
- A number of programs which TBS broadcast are broadcast also on BS-TBS.
- Anime programs
- Anime produced by BS-TBS are popular among anime fans because the regulation of expression on satellite broadcasting is looser than on terrestrial broadcasting.
- On TBS, in order to adjust size, most 16:9 anime is cropped on the left and right. They are broadcast on BS-TBS in their original form.
- These are anime programs exclusively broadcast on BS-TBS:
- These are anime programs broadcast on both TBS and BS-TBS: