|Headquarters||BSNL Bhavan, New Delhi, India|
|Pravin Kumar Purwar (Chairman & MD)|
|Revenue||₹351,820 million (2010)|
|₹99,390 million (2010)|
|Total assets||₹630,000 million (2010)|
Number of employees
|201,066 (November 2016)|
|Parent||Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited|
BSNL Mobile (formerly CellOne) is an Indian mobile network operator, operated by the public enterprise BSNL. It provides both pre-paid and post-paid mobile services as well as many value added services. BSNL Mobile has a pan-India presence with presence in all the 22 telecom circles in India. BSNL Mobile provides all of India services with roaming access, including Delhi and Mumbai, and International roaming access to more than 300 networks across the world.
The company's CellOne network (GSM/GPRS) was launched in late 2002 and has coverage in major cities and towns and more places are being covered. BSNL Mobile offers both GSM as well as CDMA prepaid and postpaid services. CellOne was renamed BSNL Mobile in 2007. It was the first company which made incoming roaming charges free across the country.
BSNL Mobile has total 115.32 million subscribers as on 31 January 2019. BSNL Mobile Competes with other Major private Mobile operator Including airtel (Tata Docomo merged with airtel since 1 July 2019), Vodafone-Idea & Jio.
On 27 February 2010, BSNL Mobile launched 3G services on Pan India. BSNL Mobile also has 3G Roaming services in Mumbai & Delhi for other circles subscribers through an agreement with MTNL, This gives BSNL Mobile a 3G presence in all 22 out of 22 circles in India.
BSNL has launched VoLTE services in circles where it is providing its 4G services.
Radio frequency summary
|Telecom circle coverage||CDMA2000 / FD-LTE
|GSM / FD-LTE
|UMTS / FD-LTE
|Andhra Pradesh & Telangana|
|Maharashtra & Goa|
|Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh|
|Uttar Pradesh (East)|
|Uttar Pradesh (West)|
|Bihar & Jharkhand|
|Jammu and Kashmir|
- "About Us". Archived from the original on August 17, 2011. Retrieved August 17, 2011.
- "Press Release on Telecom Subscription Data as on 31 August, 2019" (PDF). Telecom Regulatory Authority of India. 18 October 2019. Retrieved 18 October 2019.
- "Staff". Archived from the original on September 8, 2018. Retrieved September 8, 2018.
- "BSNL's share in mobile business dips to single digit". Times of India. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- "Press Release on Telecom Subscription Data as on 31st January, 2019" (PDF). www.trai.gov.in. 21 March 2019.
- Pahwa, Nikhil. "economictimes.indiatimes.com". ET India. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Pahwa, Nikhil. "www.indiatoday.in". India Today. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Pahwa, Nikhil. "telecomtalk.info". Telecom Talk. Retrieved 22 March 2019.
- Pan India 2016 spectrum holding data sheet (updated), Telecom Talk, retrieved 15 July 2018