Confederation of European Business
|Markus J. Beyrer|
The Confederation of European Business, shortened BUSINESSEUROPE, is a lobby group representing enterprises of all sizes in the European Union (EU) and six non-EU European countries. Members of the confederation are 40 national industry and employers' organizations. The current president of the confederation is Emma Marcegaglia, while the Director General is Markus J. Beyrer.
Based in Brussels, the confederation is officially recognised as a social partner at European level, is involved in a range of economic and social decisions and cooperates with a number of stakeholders and business partners. It promotes the interests of corporate citizens to ensure that public policy supports the European economy.
- 1958–1961 Léon Bekaert
- 1961–1962 Georges Villiers
- 1962–1967 H. J. de Koster
- 1967–1971 Fritz Berg
- 1971–1975 Paul Huvelin
- 1975–1980 Pol Provost
- 1981–1983 Guido Carli
- 1984–1986 Ray Pennock
- 1986–1990 Karl Gustaf Ratjen
- 1990–1994 Carlos Ferrer
- 1994–1998 François Perigot
- 1998–2003 Georges Jacobs
- 2003–2005 Jürgen Strube
- 2005–2009 Ernest-Antoine Seillière
- 2009–2013 Jürgen Thumann
- since Juli 2013 Emma Marcegaglia
Business Europe is administrated by a director general. Markus Beyrer has been holding this position since 2003.
- "History of the organisation". Business Europe. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Jürgen Thumann wird EU-Lobbyist". Handelsblatt (in German). 29 June 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- "Ex-HP-Vorstand Rudolf Kemler wird ÖIAG-Chef". Die Presse (in German). 7 September 2012. Retrieved 17 June 2016.
- European Social Partners as recognised by the Treaty of Lisbon
- European Transparency Register
- RFI 20 May 2011
- Europolitique 21 January 2011
|This industry-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|