B K Goenka
|Balkrishan K Goenka|
15 August 1966 |
Hissar, Haryana, India
|Occupation||Chairman, Welspun Group|
B K Goenka (born 15 August 1966) is an entrepreneur based in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. He is the Chairman of Mumbai-based ₹153 billion (US$2.4 billion) Welspun Group. He is the Co-promoter and largest shareholder in companies like Welspun India Ltd, which is one of the largest home textiles producer in the world and Welspun Corp Ltd, which is world's second largest manufacturer of large diameter pipes.
B. K. Goenka (known more as BK or BKG) was born to Gayatri Devi Goenka and Gopiram Goenka in Hissar, Haryana. The middle of three children, he spent his early years in Delhi before moving to Mumbai in the early 1980s. He set up Welspun along with his cousin, Rajesh R. Mandawewala, who is now the managing director of the Welspun Group.
- "Welspun: Spinning A New Web". Financial Express. 16 November 2002. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- 2 Oct 2008 at 0046 hrs IST (2 October 2008). "'I wanted to do something different'". Financialexpress.com. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- ":: Welspun ::". Welspuntowels.com. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Forbes India - Welspun's Pipe Dreams and Steel Will". Business.in.com. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "On the wings of steel : Features : Business Today". Businesstoday.intoday.in. 9 June 2008. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- Momaya, Chhaya (13 December 2014). "If you are satisfied you cannot grow, writes Chhaya Momaya". Daily News and Analysis. Archived from the original on 14 November 2016. Retrieved 14 November 2016.
- BK Goenka. "How BK Goenka spun his success story — CNBC-TV18". Moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 4 January 2011.
- "Welspun acquires Christy of UK for Rs 132 cr. - PTI — The Press Trust of India Ltd. | HighBeam Research — FREE trial". Highbeam.com. 3 July 2006. Retrieved 4 January 2011.