In historical records the village was first mentioned in 1214 as Bocskay family’s property. It was recorded in 1214 as Becheka, in 1299 as Bachka, in 1323 Buchka, in as 1332 Bachka) Until 1918 and from 1939 to 1944 it belonged to Hungary.
The village is 100% Hungarian.
The village has a public library
The records for genealogical research are available at the state archive "Statny Archiv in Kosice, Slovakia"
- Roman Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1719-1922
- Greek Catholic church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1795-1905
- Reformated church records (births/marriages/deaths): 1809-1929 (parish A)
- Census records 1869 of Backa are available at the state archive.
- Surnames of living people in Backa
|This article relating to the geography of the Trebišov District is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|