|Industry||Appliances, personal care|
|Founders||Julian Rizzuto, Leandro Rizzuto|
|Headquarters||Stamford, Connecticut, USA|
|Ronald T. Diamond (President)|
|Products||Small Appliances, personal care|
|Brands||Cuisinart, Waring, Rusk, Jheri Redding, Babyliss, Scunci, Allegro, Interplak, TravelSmart, Conair Hospitality, Conair Pet, Pollenex|
|Revenue||US$ 2.11 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
Conair Corporation is an American company which sells small appliances, personal care products, and health and beauty products for both professionals and consumers. It was founded in 1959 and has since expanded to include ten product divisions.
- 1 History
- 2 Brands
- 2.1 The Personal Care Division
- 2.2 The Hair Goods Division
- 2.3 The Professional Products Division
- 2.4 The Cuisinart Division
- 2.5 The Waring Division
- 2.6 Cuisinart Resort and Spa
- 2.7 The Conair Packaging Company
- 2.8 Conair Appliance Manufacturing
- 2.9 Subsidiaries
- 2.10 Former
- 2.11 International Operations
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Founded in 1959 in a garage in Queens, New York, Conair started out by selling hair rollers and then hair dryers. It continued to expand, and became a public company in 1972, but then went private again after a leveraged buyout in 1985. It was owned by the co-founder and chairman Leandro Rizzuto until his death in 2017.
Conair is one of the largest producers of hair care appliances, ranging from hair dryers and styling irons to its innovative hair curlers, Curl Secret and Miracurl Stylers. The company also manufactures a wide range of home kitchen appliances under its brands Cuisinart and Waring.
In 2002 Rizzuto pleaded guilty to tax evasion associated with his tenure as Chief Executive Officer of Conair, and was sentenced to a prison term of 20 to 37 months.
Conair acquired Cuisinart in 1989, Waring Products in 1998, and bag manufacturer Allegro in 2007. Pollenex was acquired after Jarden acquired Holmes in 2005, and it was rebranded as Conair Home in 2013.
Brands by division include:
The Personal Care Division
- Conair Home
- Travel Smart by Conair
- BaByliss UK
The Hair Goods Division
The Professional Products Division
The Cuisinart Division
The Waring Division
Cuisinart Resort and Spa
Cuisinart Resort and Spa is a five-star resort hotel in Rendezvous Beach, Anguilla. The resort is inspired by the Greek island of Mykonos.It contains wicker furniture and Haitian paintings on the walls. The formal evening restaurant of the hotel is Santorini and the informal Meditarraneo bar is by the pool. Its Venus Spa contains 16 treatment rooms and a heated Thalasso pool of seawater. The resort contains a notable hydroponic farm which is said to offer an opportunity for excellent practical training for students completing their degree or technical diploma program. It contains greenhouses covering some 18,000 square feet, manufactured by Agra Tech, Inc and two ponds which are used to grow bibb lettuce.
The Conair Packaging Company
Conair Appliance Manufacturing
- Hair care appliances for all brands
Conair sells products in over 100 countries and has offices and subsidiaries in over 12 countries including Babyliss SARL in Paris, France.
- Pollenex - rebranded as Conair Home in 2013
- Tools of Sassoon
- "Conair: improving work order collaboration to reduce cost". SAP. Archived from the original on 2014-07-27. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "Corporate". Conair.com. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- Elissa Gootman (2002-04-03). "Conair Founder and Executive Pleads Guilty to Tax Evasion in Federal Court". New York Times. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "Leandro Rizzuto". Forbes. March 2013. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Rosemary Schlank (2002-09-23). "Ex-CEO Gets Jail Time For Corporate Kickback Scheme". Accounting Web. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- "Conair Corporation Acquires Allegro Manufacturing, Inc". Appliance Magazine. 2007-09-19. Retrieved 2013-04-14.
- Official website
- Colbert, Catherine. "Conair Corporation information and related industry information from Hoover's". Hoover's. Retrieved 2006-09-15.