|Directed by||Ashu Trikha|
|Produced by||Sunil Saini
|Written by||Ikram Akhtar|
|Music by||Anand Raj Anand|
|Distributed by||Ridhi Sidhi Films|
|Budget||₹11 million (US$160,000)|
|Box office||₹15.1 million (US$220,000)
- Sohum Shah as Baabarr Qureshi
- Mithun Chakraborty as SP Dwivedi
- Urvashi Sharma as Ziya
- Mukesh Tiwari as Nawaz
- Govind Namdeo as Bhaiyaa Jee
- Om Puri as Daroga Chaturvedi
- Tinu Anand as Mamu
- Sushant Singh as Tabrez
- Kashish as Aafreen
- Shakti Kapoor as Sarfaraaz
- Rakesh Deewana as Nanha
- "O Maula" - Anand Raj Anand
- ""Maula Ye Bataa (unplugged) - Anand Raj Anand
- Pagal Manwa" - Raka Mukherjee
- "Baabarr" - Sukhwinder Singh
- "Baaje Raat Ke Bara" - Sunidhi Chauhan
A PIL was filed in the Bombay High Court seeking a ban on Baabarr for alleged negative portrayal of Muslims. The petitioner also charged that characters in the film were based on Mulayam Singh Yadav and Mayawati.
Baabarr is not much liked by the critics. Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama gave 3.5 out of 5 stars. The Times Of India gave 2.5 out of 5 stars & stated that "The film is not much impressive as expected, director Ashu Trikha & writer Ikram Akhtar did a well job but the thing making it unimpressive is that the director gets only the mood right, not the scenes, though the reviewer praised the performance of Om Puri by saying that it is Om Puri as the oily, wily and crooked cop, who steals the show". Martin D'Souza of Bollywood Trade News Network gave it 1 out of 5 stars & said by calling the film a repetition that "the film is of old story with new cast & crew, Martin specially criticises the decision of making film with lead role of Soham Shah"
The film was not good at the box office as it hardly netted an amount of ₹10 million (US$150,000) at the end of its first week after release & getting through the cinemas across India Baabarr at last managed to gross ₹15.1 million (US$220,000) & determined a Flop.
- "Baabarr". Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Baabarr nett gross - Box Office India". Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Baabarr". Bollywood Hungama.
- "PIL against Baabarr, communal overtones alleged". 15 September 2009. IBN.
- Taran Adarsh. "Bollywood Hungama Reviews". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Baabarr movie reviews". Times of India. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- Martin D'Souza. "Baabarr: Professional Reviews". Glamshum Editorial. Glamsham. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "All India 2009 (Figures in INR Crore)". Boxofficeindia. Retrieved 2012-12-19.[permanent dead link]
- "Wanted Gets Good Start Dil Bole Hadippa Has Average Opening". Boxofficeindia. 19 September 2008. Archived from the original on 22 September 2009. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- "Baabarr 2009 box office earning". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2012-12-19.