|Directed by||Gauravv K. Chawla|
|Produced by||Nikkhil Advani|
Viacom18 Motion Pictures
|Screenplay by||Nikkhil Advani|
|Starring||Saif Ali Khan|
Yo Yo Honey Singh
John Stewart Eduri
|Edited by||Maahir Zaveri|
|Distributed by||Anand Pandit Motion Pictures|
Viacom18 Motion Pictures
Baazaar (transl. Market; Hindi pronunciation: [baːzaːɾ]) is a 2018 Indian crime drama film directed by Gauravv K. Chawla, and written by Nikkhil Advani, Aseem Arora and Parveez Sheikh. Starring Saif Ali Khan, debutant Rohan Mehra, Chitrangada Singh and Radhika Apte, the film is set in the backdrop of money, power and business, largely based on the stock market. The film was released on 26 October 2018.: Bazaar is a gripping thriller about money, power and the stock market The film was critically and commercially successful.
Allahabad stock trader Rizwan Ahmed arrives in Mumbai through a flight. He is determined to work with his hero, Gujarati financial maven Shakun Kothari (Saif Ali Khan). Rizwan bluffs his way into the city's largest trading firm and manages to convince them to give him a job. He ropes in a high-profile client and with the help of his co-worker and girlfriend Priya (Radhika Apte), he begins a successful career at the firm. When attending an event with Priya, he spots Shakun Kothari and gives stock advice that turns out to be correct. Kothari then hires him as his broker, warning that he can never lose him any money. After his first trade with Kothari's funds ends badly, Rizwan is desperate not to lose Kothari's account and illegally uses insider information from Priya to recoup Kothari's losses. Rizwan becomes close to Kothari and his wife Mandira (Chitrangda Singh), visiting Kothari's lavish home and relaxing on his yacht with Priya. Meanwhile, Kothari offers Rizwan a chance to make even more money when he learns that the government is going to begin accepting bids from telecommunications companies for a new project. Kothari informs Rizwan that he has bribed a government minister to select a company called Skycom and the two can make a killing on the deal. Kothari gives Rizwan the money to buy Skycom and Rizwan becomes the company's owner. Rizwan convinces his new brother-in-law Anwar to invest all of his savings to Skycom shares. However, Skycom's bid is rejected, and Rizwan is ruined when Kothari sells off all of his Skycom shares right before the announcement of the bid winner. Rizwan discovers that Kothari deliberately set him up to take the fall for Skycom for Kothari's own personal monetary profit and that he arranged for Priya to influence him from the beginning. SEBI agents detain Rizwan for insider trading, but their real target is Kothari. Using information from Kothari's wife, Rizwan is able to prove that Kothari has been bribing government ministers with diamonds. Shakun is arrested and his wife and kids leave him. After the numerous court hearings, Shakun is summoned as Priya gives in as witness to the bribes. Rizwan questions her that why did she surender herself since Rizwan did not reveal her name, she leaves Rizwan, saying she deserves this. Shakun comes out on bail after a month and returns to his empty house, his wife and kids gone. He calls his secretary and tells him, that the "market" is open, returning to his deeds.
- Saif Ali Khan as Shakun Kothari
- Rohan Mehra as Rizwan Ahmed
- Radhika Apte as Priya Rai
- Chitrangada Singh as Mandira Kothari
- Raddheya Mahendru as Alisha Kothari
- Anika Malhotra as Nayantara Kothari
- Sonia Balani as Aamna Ahmed
- Pawan Chopra as Zulfiqar Ahmed
- Denzil Smith as Kishore Wadhwa
- Karan Singh Chhabra as stock exchange reporter
- Manish Choudhary as Rana Dasgupta
- Ravindra Singh Bakshi as Balwinder
- Deepak Gheewala as Gaganbhai
- Utkarsh Mazumdar as Chhedha
- Abhishek Gupta as Anwar
- Ajit Satbhai as Bipinbhai
- Danish Hussain as Dubey
- Krunal Pandit as Mani Shankar
- Vikram Kapadia as Sandeep Talwar
- Vijay Tilani as Aashish
- Sai Gundewar as Suhas Sharma
- Gaurav Sharma as Sagar Malhotra
- Sahil Sangha as Vineet Mehra
- Elli Avram (special appearance in song "Billionaire")
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||19 October 2018|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Tanishk Bagchi chronology|
|Yo Yo Honey Singh chronology|
|Bilal Saeed chronology|
|Sohail Sen chronology|
The music of the film was composed by Tanishk Bagchi, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Kanika Kapoor, Sohail Sen and Bilal Saeed. The lyrics were penned by Shabbir Ahmed, Yo Yo Honey Singh, Ikka, Jamil Ahmed, Singhsta, Hommie Dilliwala and Bilal Saeed.
|1.||"Kem Cho"||Shabbir Ahmed, Ikka||Tanishk Bagchi||Ikka, Jyotica Tangri||2:13|
|2.||"Billionaire"||Yo Yo Honey Singh, Singhsta, Hommie Dilliwala||Yo Yo Honey Singh||Yo Yo Honey Singh, Simar Kaur, Singhsta||3:35|
|3.||"Adhura Lafz"||Jamil Ahmed||Sohail Sen||Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, Pratibha Singh||4:20|
|4.||"La La La"||Bilal Saeed||Bilal Saeed||Bilal Saeed, Neha Kakkar||3:07|
|5.||"Chhod Diya"||Shabbir Ahmed||Kanika Kapoor||Arijit Singh||5:20|
|6.||"Chhod Diya" (Unplugged)||Shabbir Ahmed||Kanika Kapoor||Kanika Kapoor||3:12|
The first poster was released on 4 May 2017 depicting Khan in a suit. The poster read "Yaha paisa Bhagwaan nahi, par Bhagwaan se kam bhi nahi" (Here money is not God but also it is not less than God).
The official trailer for the film was released on 25 September 2018. The film itself was released on 26 October 2018.
The film received mostly mixed to positive reviews from critics, who cited its similarity to Oliver Stone's Wall Street, but praised Saif Ali Khan for his performance. Baazaar has an aggregate rating of 29% on Rotten Tomatoes.
- "Baazaar | British Board of Film Classification". www.bbfc.co.uk. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "Saif Ali Khan's stock market thriller 'Baazaar' FINALLY gets a release date".
- Guha, Kunal (25 October 2018). "Baazaar movie review: Saif Ali Khan-Radhika Apte starrer is a noble attempt to relay a compelling story of financial fraud". Bangalore Mirror.
- "Meet Radhika Apte as Priya Rai". Emmay Entertainment Twitter. 25 September 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Chitrangda Singh opposite Saif Ali Khan in Baazaar!".
- "Baazaar song Billionaire: Saif Ali Khan, Rohan Mehra and Eli Avram groove to Justin Bieber's tune". Times Now News. 3 October 2018. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Baazaar - Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Gaana.
- "Bazaar poster: A serious and perplexed Saif Ali Khan is all about business".
- "Bazaar Trailer: Rohan Mehra grabs the limelight in the Saif Ali Khan-Radhika Apte starrer".
- Masand, Rajeev (27 October 2018). "Baazaar Movie Review: Saif Ali Khan is the Strength of this Predictable Film". News18.
- Sen, Raja (27 October 2017). "Baazaar movie review: Saif Ali Khan stands tall, but this film's stock tanks". Hindustan Times.
- "Baazaar (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 27 March 2019.