Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University
|बाबा ग़ुलाम शाह बादशाह यूनिवर्सिटी / بابا غُلام شاہ بادشاہ یونیورسٹی|
Baba Ghulam Shah Badhshah University
|Motto||"Read In The Name of Allah (subhan-o-taalah) Who Has Created All That Exists"|
|Chancellor||Chief Minister Of J&K State|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof Javed Massarat|
|Location||Rajouri, Jammu and Kashmir, India|
|Campus||Multiple rural campuses|
The Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University (Hindi: बाबा ग़ुलाम शाह बादशाह यूनिवर्सिटीUrdu: بابا غُلام شاہ بادشاہ یونیورسٹی) is a university in India which came into existence by the Act of the Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly in 2002. The university, named after saint Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah, focuses on post graduate training and undertake research in fields such as management, environment, biodiversity, bio-technology, computer sciences, information technology, and applied mathematics. Javed Musarrat is new vice chancellor of this university.
- School of Biosciences & Biotechnology
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Education
- School of Mathematical & Computer Sciences
- School of Nursing & Biomedical Sciences
- School of Islamic Studies & Languages
- School of Healthcare and Pharmacy
- School of Material Sciences & Nanotechnology
Central Library, BGSBU works under the supervision of Library Advisory Committee of which Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor is the Chairman. The library as on date stands divided into twelve sections viz. Circulation, Acquisition, Classification, Cataloguing, Periodical, Internet Lab, Reference and Information Services, Stack Area, Reading Room, Newspapers and Magazines, Digital Documents Section, Dissertations and Thesis Section.
Pictures of the Varsity
- "Javed Musarrat, new VC of Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University : PTI feed, News - India Today". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2015-10-25.
- "Central Library, Baba Ghulam Shah Badshah University, Rajouri, J & K 185131". sites.google.com. Retrieved 2015-10-25.