|Also known as||The Poor Heiress |
|Created by||TV5 Network|
|Directed by||Eric Quizon |
|Starring||Alex Gonzaga |
|Opening theme||"Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin" by Faith Cuneta|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English, Min Nan|
|No. of episodes||113|
|Executive producer(s)||Manuel V. Pangilinan|
|Production location(s)||Malabon, Philippines|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original release||February 7 –|
July 15, 2011
Babaeng Hampaslupa (The Hapless Woman; simplified Chinese: 女游民; traditional Chinese: 女遊民; pinyin: Nǚ yóumín) is a 2011 soap opera aired in the Philippines by TV5 and starred Susan Roces along with Alice Dixson and Alex Gonzaga and is directed by Eric Quizon and Joyce Bernal.
The timeslot was changed through the April 2011 season to 9pm the original time the series was normally shown was 8:30pm and moved up to 9:00-9:30pm after its primetime suspense series Mga Nagbabagang Bulaklak on its primetime block.
Babaeng Hampaslupa tells the story of two clans, the Wongs and the Sees. A modern-day fairytale set on the boundaries between the Filipino and Chinese community.
Three generations of women tell a story and cope in the inner strength in the eyes of their faiths looking for love, respect, power, and self happiness.
The story also chronicles on lost loves between Helena See (Susan Roces) and George Wong (Freddie Webb) and the powerful manipulative Edward Wong (Eddie Garcia). The soap also shows flashbacks of young Helena See (Sheryl Cruz) with the Wong brothers, young George Wong (Mico Palanca) and young Edward Wong (Bernard Palanca).
The powerful love between Anastacia See/Diana Wong (Alice Dixson) and Charles Wong (Jay Manalo) and the vindictive Katarina Manansala Wong (Bing Loyzaga), Charles' manipulative wife turned ex in his perspective and Harry Bautista (Wendell Ramos), the newfound love in Anastacia/Diana's life.
But between all their trials and tribulations they will face, who will they truly love and be with in the end of all their success?
- Alex Gonzaga as Grace Mallari / Elizabeth Wong / Grace Elizabeth Wong / Grace Elizabeth Wong See
- Susan Roces as Helena See / Helena See Wong
- Alice Dixson as Diana Wong / Anastacia See
- Freddie Webb as George Wong
- Eddie Garcia as Edward Wong
- Jay Manalo as Charles Wong
- Bing Loyzaga as Katarina Wong / Katarina Manansala
- Martin Escudero as Andrew See
- Alwyn Uytingco as Renato "Nato" Ramirez
- Karel Marquez as Stephanie / Elizabeth Wong (impostor)
- Christian Vasquez as William Wong
- Shiela Marie Rodriguez as Margaret Wong
- Marita Zobel as Elizabeth Wong (George Wong's first wife)
- Celso Ad. Castillo as Master Ming
- Susan Africa as Epiphania "Epang" Mallari
- Julio Diaz as Tomas Mallari
- Vandolph as Redentor
- Dianne Medina as Beauty
- Jenny Quizon as Josephine Perez
- Dolphy Jr. as Manuel Ramirez
- Anne Villegas as Dora
- Piper Mishalucha as Yvonne
- Wendell Ramos as Harry Bautista
- Eric Quizon as Atty. Jefferson Go
- Joseph Bitangcol as Adrian
- Carlos Morales as Jong Delos Santos
- Odette Khan as Tiyang/Mameng
- Rosemarie Sarita as Yaya Emma
- Joross Gamboa as Phillip Cheng
- Aprilyn Gustillo as Amanda
- Sheryl Cruz as young Helena See
- Bernard Palanca as young Edward Wong
- Mico Palanca as young George Wong
- John Uy as Emerson Wong
- Wendy Valdez as Janet
- Grace Mallari/Elizabeth Wong/Grace Elizabeth Wong
- George Wong
- Edward Wong
- Charles Wong
- Katarina Wong / Katarina Manansala
- Stephanie / Elizabeth Wong (impostor)
- William Wong
- Margaret Wong
- Elizabeth Wong (George Wong's first wife)
- Helena See
- Diana Wong/Anastacia See
- Andrew See
The following song is the main song in the series:
- "Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin" - Babaeng Hampaslupa's official theme, performed by Faith Cuneta.
- Dubbed to be the best series ever that TV5 produced and the first teledrama offering in the first quarter of 2011.
- This series is shot at the Hwa Chong Temple in Malabon, Philippines.
- The series had a critical response of becoming a new landmark to primetime TV series.
- It received an extension till July 11 due to its well received ratings and reviews.
- Veteran actors Susan Roces and Eddie Garcia were previously seen in a MMK episode back in 2008.
- Alice Dixson was given praise for her role in the drama series as heroine/antagonist.
|United States||KIKU TV||The Poor Heiress|
|Kenya||NTV||The Poor Heiress|