Babak (given name)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Pronunciation||Persian pronunciation: [bɒːˈbæk]|
People with this name
- Babak (c. 222), Persian prince and father of Ardashir I, founder of the Sasanian Empire
- Babak Khorramdin (795 or 798–838), Khurramite leader who fought against the Abbasid Caliphate
- Babak Amir-Tahmasseb (born 1976), French-Iranian kayaker
- Babak Hassibi, Iranian-American electrical engineer
- Babak Payami (born 1966), Iranian film director
- Babak Rafati (born 1970), Iranian-German football referee
- Babak Dehghanpisheh, American journalist
- Bobak Ferdowsi (born 1979), American engineer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- "Bāpak". Encyclopedia Iranica.
- Huart, Cl. "Bābek". Encyclopaedia of Islam, First Edition (1913-1936). E.J. Brill. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- Sourdel, D. "Bābak". Encyclopaedia of Islam, Second Edition. E.J. Brill. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- "BĀBAK",Encyclopedia of Islam, second edition
- Ali-Akbar Dehkhoda. "babak (in persian)". Dehkhoda Dictionary. tehran university press. Archived from the original on 2012-02-23. Retrieved 2012-04-25.
- SOURDEL, D (1986). "BĀBAK". Encyclopaedia of Islam. vol.1 (2nd ed.). Leiden: E. J. Brill. p. 844. ISBN 90-04-08114-3.
|given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|