Babak Amin Tafreshi
Babak Amin Tafreshi (born in 1978 in Tehran, Iran) is an Iranian photographer, science journalist, and amateur astronomer. He is the creator and director of The World At Night (TWAN), an international program in which photographers from around the world capture images of night skies as seen above notable landmarks of the planet. He is also a member of the board of advisors of Astronomers Without Borders and a project coordinator for the International Year of Astronomy (IYA2009).
Ultra HD Expedition day 3 - Babak Tafreshi in action
- "Short biography". The World at Night. Archived from the original on 2013-04-16. Retrieved 2009-09-28.
- "About The World at Night". TWAN website. Archived from the original on 2009-07-05.
- Astronomers Without Borders
- "Winning Lennart Nilsson award". Tehran Times. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "2009 Lennart Nilsson Award". Lennart Nilsson Award website. Archived from the original on 26 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Ultra HD Expedition day 3 - Babak Tafreshi in action". ESO. Retrieved 2 April 2014.
- "Paranal and the Shadow of the Earth". ESO Picture of the Week. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Whirling Southern Star Trails over ALMA". ESO Picture of the Week. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
|This article about an Iranian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an astronomer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|