Babarias have strong association with Kathi tribe and Ahirs of Gujarat. Further, they had matrimonial relations with Solanki Rajputs of Diu At the time of immigration of Kathis to Kathiawar, Babarias were already settled here in an area named Babariawad after them. But they were soon driven out of Thangadh and reduced to minority landholders.
Babarias are haughty and war like people than Ahirs. The Ahirs give their daughter in marriage to Babarias and Babarias give their daughters to Kathis. Kathis generally do not give their daughters to Babarias, however, they do not hesitate to give daughter to a Babaria family, if the family is rich.Babarias consist of 72 clan surnames.
- The Bavaria call themselves as Thakur and use Rajput clan name as their own.Human science: journal of the Anthropological Survey of India, Volume 33
-  Gujarat State Gazetteers: Surendranagar.
-  The Rajputs of Saurashtra By Virbhadra Singhji.
-  Folk art and culture of Gujarat: guide to the collection of the Shreyas Folk Museum of Gujarat
-  Census of India, 1961, Volume 5, Part 6, Issue 8.
-  The Rajputs of Saurashtra