|Look up babička in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Babicka or Babička is an endearing term for the Grandmothers of Czech and Slovak lands. As early as the 16th Century the Babička's harvested herbs such as wormwood for may purposes and were considered to be practising witchcraft. These revered women made unique potions, one of which was believed to be an early Wormwood Vodka Recipe. The word may refer to one of the following.
- The Grandmother, an 1855 novel by Božena Němcová
- Babicka (1922 film), a Czech film
- Babicka (1940 film), a Czech film by Němcová's novel
- Babička (1971 film), a Czech TV film
- Babicka (2003 film), a Czech film
- 7490 Babička, an asteroid named after grandmothers of the discoverer and his wife
- Babička, a song by Karel Gott
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Babicka.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.