Babita (left) with daughters in 2001
20 April 1948 |
|Spouse(s)||Randhir Kapoor (m. 1971)|
|Children||Karisma and Kareena|
|Relatives||See Kapoor family|
Babita (born Babita Shivdasani; 20 April 1948), also known by her married name Babita Kapoor, is a former Indian actress of Sindhi and British descent, who appeared in Bollywood films. The daughter of actor Hari Shivdasani, she is the first cousin of her contemporary actress Sadhana Shivdasani. From 1966 to 1973, she starred in 19 films, including the box-office successes Haseena Maan Jayegi (1968), Farz (1967), and Kismat (1968). Following her marriage to actor Randhir Kapoor in 1971, Babita retired from acting. The couple have two daughters, actresses Karisma and Kareena. Babita and Randhir separated in 1988, but reconciled in 2007, after living separately for several years.
Babita was born to actor Hari Shivdasani, who was of a Hindu Sindhi family which had migrated from Pakistan to India after the partition, and a British Christian mother. Her sister, Meena Advani, is the owner of Powermaster Engineers Private Limited and Powermaster tools Private Limited. Famous actress and her contemporary Sadhana Shivdasani is her first cousin.
In her movie career she appeared in 19 films including Dus Lakh (1966), Raaz (1967), Farz (1967), Aulad (1968), Haseena Maan Jayegi (1969), and Kab Kyon Aur Kahan (1970). She starred with her future husband Randhir Kapoor in the hit film Kal Aaj Aur Kal. Her biggest box-office successes were Haseena Maan Jayegi (1968) with her future uncle-in-law Shashi Kapoor, Farz with Jeetendra and Kismat with Biswajeet.
|1968||Haseena Maan Jayegi||Archana 'Archie'|
|1969||Tumse Achcha Kaun Hai||Sapna Nath|
|1969||Ek Shrimaan Ek Shrimati||Deepali Lakhanpal|
|1970||Kab? Kyoon? Aur Kahan?||Asha Prasad|
|1971||Kal Aaj Aur Kal||Monica 'Mona'|
|1972||Ek Hasina Do Diwane||Neeta|
|1973||Sone Ke Hath|
- "Babita". iloveindia.com.
- Bollywood Film Actress Babita Photo Gallery and Biography. cine-talkies.com
- "Babita Horoscope by Date of Birth | Horoscope of Babita Bollywood, Actor". astrosage.com.
- "Saif to join girlfriend Kareena and her family for midnight mass". Mid-Day. 23 December 2008. Retrieved 1 July 2015.
- Meena Iyer (24 February 2010). "Kareena: Yes, I eat! – Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 16 October 2012.
- "Kareena, Saif at St Andrew's Church in Mumbai – Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 26 December 2011.
- "Kareena, family and friends go to midnight mass at St Andrews". Mid-day.com. 26 December 2008.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Babita.|