|Traditional region||Inner Carniola|
|Statistical region||Littoral–Inner Carniola|
|• Total||12.35 km2 (4.77 sq mi)|
|Elevation||756.3 m (2,481.3 ft)|
Babna Polica (pronounced [ˈbaːbna pɔˈliːtsa]; in older sources also Babina Polica, German: Babnapoliza) is a small village southeast of Stari Trg pri Ložu in the Municipality of Loška Dolina in the Inner Carniola region of Slovenia.
The local church on the northern edge of the settlement is dedicated to Saint Anthony the Hermit and belongs to the Parish of Stari Trg. It was first mentioned in written sources dating to 1403. The date on the door casing, 1589, indicates a late 16th-century rebuilding of the original church. The main altar dates to 1716.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Leksikon občin kraljestev in dežel zastopanih v državnem zboru, vol. 6: Kranjsko. 1906. Vienna: C. Kr. Dvorna in Državna Tiskarna, p. 130.
- Loška Dolina municipal site
- Družina RC Church in Slovenia Journal website
- Local cultural heritage on the Loška Dolina municipal site (in Slovene)
|This article about the Municipality of Loška Dolina in Slovenia is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|