Baby's Gotten Good at Goodbye
|"Baby's Gotten Good at Goodbye"|
|Single by George Strait|
|from the album Beyond the Blue Neon|
|B-side||"Bigger Man Than Me"|
|Released||December 26, 1988|
|Recorded||October 13, 1988|
|Writer(s)||Tony Martin, Troy Martin|
|Producer(s)||Jimmy Bowen, George Strait|
|George Strait singles chronology|
"Baby's Gotten Good at Goodbye" is a song written by Tony Martin and Troy Martin, and recorded by American country music singer George Strait. It was released in December 1988 as the first single from the album Beyond the Blue Neon.
The narrator is a man who is learning that his woman has left him and probably for good this time. She didn't shed a single tear as she left and he knows she’s perfected goodbye this time.
Kevin John Coyne of Country Universe gave the song an A grade, saying that the single "is so closely associated with my discovery of George Strait’s music and country music as a whole that I can’t separate the experience enough to give 'Baby’s Gotten Good at Goodbye' an objective evaluation."
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||71|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||26|
- CountryUniverse.net Song review
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second ediiton. Record Research. p. 336.
- "George Strait – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for George Strait.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1989". RPM. December 23, 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
- "Best of 1989: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1989. Retrieved August 28, 2013.
"New Fool at an Old Game" by Reba McEntire
|Billboard Hot Country Singles
April 1, 1989
"I'm No Stranger to the Rain" by Keith Whitley
|This 1988 country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|