Baby, I'm Gettin' Better
|"Baby I'm Gettin' Better"|
|Single by Gyroscope|
|from the album Cohesion|
|Released||17 May 2010|
|Songwriter(s)||Daniel Sanders, Rob Nassif, Brad Campbell, Zoran Trivic|
|Gyroscope singles chronology|
"Baby I'm Gettin' Better" is the second single from Australian alternative rock band, Gyroscope's fourth studio album, Cohesion. It was released digitally on 17 May 2010. The single become the second top 40 hit from Cohesion on the ARIA Singles Chart, which peaked at No. 34 and spent a total of fourteen weeks in the top 50. The song is the group's third highest charting single behind previous singles "Some of the Places I Know" and "Snakeskin". By the end of the year it was certified gold by ARIA.
In interview by Lucy Valentine for the [AU] Review, with Rob Nassif, the band's drummer revealed that "We originally weren't gonna record it because the original version of that song is like an acoustic country tune. And we really liked the tune, we always thought it had great melodies and a great chorus, but we always felt it was a country tune and we were trying to write a rock record." Gil Norton, the album's producer, coaxed the band to re-do it: "He encouraged us to rock it up, and the rocked up version is what you hear on the album!"
In a review at Sputnik Music, Mike Allen, considers that the song "conveys Sanders at a compelling and passionate level, as he elevates a rather uneventful track with the assistance of some warming harmonies. Most significantly, Sanders exhibits the capability of precisely accentuating the mood; solidifying his role as an effective front-man."
All tracks written by Daniel Sanders, Brad Campbell, Rob Nassif, Zoran Trivic.
|1.||"Baby, I'm Gettin' Better"||3:19|
- Hung, Steffen. "Baby, I'm Gettin' Better - Gyroscope". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien. Archived from the original on 10 May 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Hung, Steffen. "Gyroscope Discography". Australian Charts Portal. Hung Medien. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2010 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Hottest 100 History 2010". Triple J. Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). Retrieved 23 April 2015.
- Valentine, Lucy (15 October 2010). "The [AU] Interview - Rob Nassif of Gyroscope (Perth)". The AU Review. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Allen, Mike (10 April 2010). "Gyroscope - Cohesion". Sputnik Music. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "'Baby, I'm Gettin' Better' at APRA search engine". Australasian Performing Right Association (APRA). Archived from the original on 15 June 2015. Retrieved 24 April 2015. Note: User may have to click on 'Search again' and provide details at 'Enter a title:', e.g. Baby, I'm Gettin' Better; or at 'Performer:' Gyroscope.