The ice cream was invented by Matt O'Connor, who claims it is a healthy alternative to other ice creams in the bar. The ice cream is sold in The Icecreamists, in Covent Garden, London. The breast milk donors have been medically screened and the milk pasturised. The ice cream went on sale on 25 February 2011. Within a week of going on sale, the ice cream was seized by officers of Westminster Council to test whether it was suitable for human consumption.
Lady Gaga has threatened to sue the ice cream seller, but the bar has refused to change the name. O'Connor said, "Of course there are those who think it is obnoxious, but the ice cream is made with natural breast milk, organic and free range."
- Brittany Talarico (February 2011). "Breast Milk Ice Cream, Baby Gaga, Named After Lady Gaga!". OK!. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- Fallon, Amy (25 February 2011). "Human milk ice cream goes on sale". guardian.co.uk. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- "Baby Gaga breast milk ice cream seized for safety tests". bbc.co.uk. 1 March 2011. Archived from the original on 2 March 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-01.
- Nørgaard, Marie (5 March 2011). "Gaga vil sagsøge isbar". Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- Baunø, Piet (25 February 2011). "Yummi...is lavet på brystmælk". Ekstra Bladet. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
|This brand-name food or drink product-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|