Baby K (artist)
Baby K in 2015
|Birth name||Claudia Nahum|
5 February 1983 |
|Years active||2006 - present|
Baby K (born Claudia Nahum; 5 February 1983) is an Italian singer, songwriter, rapper and model. She is mainly known for her hits "Killer", recorded with Tiziano Ferro, and "Roma-Bangkok", a duet with Giusy Ferreri, which was the best-selling single of 2015 in Italy.
Born to Italian parents in Singapore and raised in London,  she now resides in Rome, Italy. She attended the Harrow School of Young Musicians, where she was able to take part in a musical tour in Europe. In 2000 she returned to Italy after an absence of ten years, working on hip hop radio programs.
Her first act as an artist in the rap scene came in 2008, when with the Quadraro Basement, she recorded her first album, SOS, an EP with 5 tracks. About two years later she released the single "Femmina Alfa" (Alpha Female) which had over 10,000 downloads during the first few months.
In 2013 she released her first official solo album "Una Seria, produced by Sony Music, which achieved remarkable success, reaching the top spot on the rankings of iTunes and the tenth position in the ranking officer FIMI. On 13 May Baby K was the opening act of the only Italian stop of the Azealia Banks tour. Baby K was also nominated in the category of Best New Artist at the Pepsi MTV Awards in 2013, winning the prize. In September 2013 she released a new single "Killer", with Tiziano Ferro. In 2015, her single "Roma-Bangkok", which features Giusy Ferreri, peaked at number one on the Italian music charts for weeks.
- Una Seria (2013)
- Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2015)
- Killer Party (2013)
- Una Seria Tour (2013)
- White, Otto. "Baby K all music". Retrieved 14 December 2013.
- "Classifiche Top of the Music 2015 FIMI-GfK: La musica italiana in vetta negli album e nei singoli digital" (in Italian). Federation of the Italian Music Industry. 8 January 2016. Archived from the original on 8 January 2016. Retrieved 8 January 2016.
- "biography". Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- "Max Pezzali: esce "Hanno ucciso l'uomo ragno 2012"" (in Italian). 15 May 2012.
- "Baby K in esclusiva su Sky Uno con "Sei sola"" (in Italian). 16 September 2013.
- Seclì, Daniela (14 September 2013). "Baby K e Tiziano Ferro, in radio il singolo "Sei sola", presto il videoclip" (in Italian). fanpage.it.
- "BABY K FEAT. GIUSY FERRERI - ROMA - BANGKOK (SONG)". Archived from the original on 11 September 2015. Retrieved 10 August 2015.
- Ubfal, Laura (April 10, 2017). "Lali cantó junto a Baby K y hoy brilla en Roma". Laubfal.com (in Spanish). Retrieved April 12, 2017.
|This article about an Italian musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|