Baby Won't You Please Come Home
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|"Baby Won't You Please Come Home"|
|Songwriter(s)||Charles Warfield, Clarence Williams|
"Baby Won't You Please Come Home" is a blues song written by Charles Warfield and Clarence Williams in 1919. The song's authorship is disputed; Warfield claims that he was the sole composer of the song.
- Bessie Smith (1923)
- Clarence Williams' Blue Five (1927)
- George Thomas with McKinney's Cotton Pickers (1930)
- Clarence Williams and His Orchestra (1930)
- Clarence Williams and His Jazz Kings (1931)
- The Mills Brothers (1932)
- Django Reinhardt (1937)
- Lionel Hampton (1938)
- Louis Armstrong (1939)
- Count Basie Orchestra (1944)
- Bing Crosby with Eddie Heywood, recorded August 9, 1945.
- Benny Goodman and His Orchestra (1945)
- Jo Stafford with the Nat King Cole Trio (1946)
- Sidney Bechet & His Feetwarmers (1949)
- Ray Charles (1952)
- Jack Teagarden (1954)
- Frank Sinatra - included in his album Where Are You? (1957)
- Louis Prima with Keely Smith (1957)
- Billie Holiday (1959)
- Ricky Nelson (1960)
- Della Reese (1960)
- Ella Fitzgerald on her 1961 Verve release Ella in Hollywood
- Sam Cooke (1962)
- Sarah Vaughan (1962)
- Dinah Washington - Drinking Again (1962) 
- Al Hirt (1962) on his album, Horn A-Plenty
- Miles Davis - Seven Steps to Heaven (1963)
- Dean Martin in his album Dream with Dean (1964)
- Gloria Lynne (1965)
- Julie London - Nice Girls Don't Stay for Breakfast (1967)
- James Booker - Junco Partner (1976)
- James Booker - Gonzo James Booker Live 1976 (1967) 
- Coco Briaval (France 1999 album Minor Swing)
- David Sanborn - Only Everything (2010)
- Elisabeth Bougerol (2011) with The Hot Sardines Band
- Kathy Hampson's Free Elastic Band
- Leon Redbone
- 1945 That's the Spirit - performed by Johnny Coy and Peggy Ryan.
- 1986 Act of Vengeance
- 2008 Igor - performed by Louis Prima.
- David A. Jasen, Gene Jones: Spreadin' Rhythm Around: Black Popular Songwriters, 1880–1930. Routledge, 2005. ISBN 0-415-97704-5
- "Jazz Standards Songs and Instrumentals (Baby Won't You Please Come Home)". Jazzstandards.com. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "A Bing Crosby Discography". BING magazine. International Club Crosby. Retrieved July 27, 2017.
- "Allmusic.com: Dinah Washington - Drinking Again".
- Scott Yanow. "Horn A-Plenty - Al Hirt | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-07-26.
- "Gonzo James Booker Live 1976 - James Booker | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2019-12-03.