Baby on the Move
|Headquarters||Nelson, New Zealand|
Baby on the Move is a baby safety equipment and services company with a franchising system, with Head Office based in Nelson, New Zealand. Established in 1998, the firm operates nationally endorsing European Safety Standard (ECE44) and New Zealand and Australian Safety Standards for child safety in New Zealand. As of 2012, the company operates a large franchise network, covering most of the major cities in New Zealand. The headquarters is located in Stoke, New Zealand, one of the suburbs of Nelson.
Baby On The Move was founded in 1998 as a nationwide franchise company owned and operated by working mothers. The firm claims to be 100% New Zealand owned and operated. In 2012 Baby On The Move took part in the HK Baby Products Fair, with directors Claire Turner and Fena Bavastro representing them.
Products and Services
Baby on the Move sells a variety of baby safety equipment, including car seats and restraints for infants. Other products include portable cots, flat folding baths, stainless steel baby bottles, buggies, bassinets, infant capsules with bases, exersaucers, toddler seats, cots, monitors, and safety gates for doorways. Some of the products can be rented, while the remaining are available only for purchase. They also conduct inspections to check whether the already existing child restraints are safe or not. Baby on the Move staff and franchisees have 'safe to go' accreditation which allows them to lawfully install a child seat to comply with New Zealand law and safety guidelines.
Baby On The Move has grown to a total of 17 stores, in ten New Zealand locations. Of this 10 locations are in the North Island, while the remaining five are located in the South Island. The stores are located in:
- Passion leads franchisee to the top for a fourth time | Otago Daily Times Online News : Otago, South Island, New Zealand & International News
- Baby on the move - Claire Turner and Fena Bavastro - Community | OHbaby!
- Baby On The Move - About Us
- HKTDC Hong Kong Baby Products Fair
- HKTDC Hong Kong Baby Products Fair - Exhibitors' & Buyers' Comments
- Too many parents failing to restrain kids properly... | Stuff.co.nz
- Stores in New Zealand
- Find a child restraint technician | NZ Transport Agency