Babybjörn baby carrier
|Founded||Stockholm, Sweden (1961)|
Björn Jakobson (Founder) and |
Ulf Ingemarsson (CEO)
Lillemor Jakobson (Creative Designer)
Number of employees
Babybjörn is a Swedish family-owned company specializing in the manufacturing and marketing of baby products. It was founded in 1961 by Björn Jakobson, who in 2012 was awarded His Majesty The King’s Medal “for significant contributions to Swedish industry”.
The company’s first product was a bouncing cradle but today Babybjörn is best known for its baby carriers. Its first baby carrier was made in 1973.
- Giertz-Mårtenson, Ingrid. "Baby Björn 30-million club". Swedish Design.org. Svensk Form and Centre for Business History. Retrieved 2 December 2013.
- "BABYBJORN'S Founder Awarded Royal Medal". PR Newswire. July 12, 2012. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- Stein, Sadie (June 29, 2012). "Who Made That Baby Bjorn". The New York Times. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- "BabyBjorn(R) Baby Carrier -- a Design of the Decade". PR Newswire. November 20, 1999. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
- "Red Dot Award, Product Design, BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One". red-dot.org. 2013. Retrieved 15 November 2013.
|This Swedish corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|