Rambo with the Washington Redskins
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:||June 27, 1990|
|Place of birth:||Donalsonville, Georgia|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||211 lb (96 kg)|
|High school:||Donalsonville (GA) Seminole Co.|
|NFL draft:||2013 / Round: 6 / Pick: 191|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2015|
Bacarri Jamon Rambo (born June 27, 1990) is an American football safety who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the University of Georgia, and was recognized as an All-American. The Washington Redskins selected him in the sixth round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Rambo was named an All-American by Scout.com as a junior in 2011. It was reported by Sports Talk 980 on April 29, 2013 by Steve Czaban that the reason Rambo slipped so far in the NFL Draft was because of two failed drug tests in 2011 and 2012. Had the tests not been failed Bacarri was projected to have gone as high as the second or third round in 2013.
2013 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 0 in||211 lb||31 in||91⁄4 in||4.53 s||1.56 s||2.60 s||4.26 s||6.94 s||341⁄2 in||9 ft 9 in||17 reps|
|Bench and measurements from NFL Combine. All other values from University of Georgia Pro Day.|
Rambo was selected by the Washington Redskins in the sixth round (191st overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year contract worth roughly $430,788 per year on May 13, 2013. At the start of season, he was named the starting free safety. Due to his poor performance in the first two games, he not only lost his starting position, but was benched for several games. He returned to the field in Week 8 against the Denver Broncos due to the suspension of Brandon Meriweather. The Redskins waived Rambo on September 16, 2014.
Rambo signed with the Buffalo Bills on November 17, 2014, after the Bills had placed cornerback Leodis McKelvin on injured reserve. Rambo had two interceptions off of Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers on December 14, 2014.
On November 12, 2015, Rambo contributed significantly during a Thursday night win against the New York Jets. Rambo forced two fumbles, one of which was returned by Duke Williams for a touchdown, the other recovered by Rambo himself. Rambo also had the game-sealing interception off of Ryan Fitzpatrick with less than a minute remaining in the 22-17 win. As a result of his performance in Week 10, Rambo was named AFC defensive player of the week.
|Year||Team||GP||COMB||TOTAL||AST||SACK||FF||FR||FR YDS||INT||IR YDS||AVG IR||LNG||TD||PD|
- GP: games played
- COMB: combined tackles
- TOTAL: total tackles
- AST: assisted tackles
- SACK: sacks
- FF: forced fumbles
- FR: fumble recoveries
- FR YDS: fumble return yards
- INT: interceptions
- IR YDS: interception return yards
- AVG IR: average interception return
- LNG: longest interception return
- TD: interceptions returned for touchdown
- PD: passes defended
- "ESPN Profile". ESPN.com.
- FoxSportsNext.com 2011 All-America Team
- "NFL Combine Profile", NFL.com, retrieved 2013-05-08
- NFL Draft Scout Profile
- Jones, Mike (April 27, 2013). "Redskins take another safety, Bacarri Rambo, with 191st overall pick". The Washington Post. Retrieved April 29, 2013.
- Tinsman, Brian (May 13, 2013). "Redskins Sign Draft Picks Rambo, Jenkins". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- McMillan, Keith (May 13, 2013). "Redskins sign Rambo, Jenkins; five rookie draftees still unsigned". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-05-14.
- Jones, Mike (September 25, 2013). "Bacarri Rambo takes demotion in stride". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Jones, Mike (October 31, 2013). "Bacarri Rambo impresses Redskins coaches in return to action". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-11-27.
- Jones, Mike (September 16, 2014). "Redskins waive Bacarri Rambo to make room for Brandon Meriweather". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2014-10-12.
- Alper, Josh. "Bills sign Bacarri Rambo, place Leodis McKelvin on injured reserve". Pro Football Talk. Retrieved 17 November 2014.
- Ferrara, Kyle (November 13, 2015). "Bacarri Rambo makes big impact in big Bills win". BuffaloBills.com. Retrieved April 17, 2016.
- Alper, Josh (November 18, 2015). "Bacarri Rambo named AFC defensive player of the week". Retrieved November 18, 2015.