Bachchan (2013 film)
|Produced by||Uday K Mehta|
|Music by||V. Harikrishna|
|Edited by||Sri Crazymindz|
Sri Venkateshwara Krupa Entertainers
Bachchan is a 2013 Indian Kannada-language psychological action thriller film directed by Shashank and starring Sudeep, Jagapathi Babu, Bhavana, Parul Yadav and Tulip Joshi in the lead roles The film features background score and soundtrack composed by V. Harikrishna and cinematography handled by Shekar Chandru. Actor V. Ravichandran released the teaser trailer on 31 May 2012 at Gold Finch Hotel.
The film released on 11 April 2013. The film was also released in Dubai and other Middle Eastern countries on 18 April 2013. It released in Germany on 22 June 2013, in Perth on 30 June 2013, the film dubbed in Hindi in same name by Goldmine Films and Malayalam. 2014 Tamil version released and Telugu version released as Kiccha, Melbourne on 6 July 2013, Adelaide on 27 July 2013, in California on 1 November 2013.
The movie starts with Bharat alias Bachchan (Sudeep) killing someone and getting arrested. He says that he murdered because they forced his fiancée Anjali (Parul Yadav) to commit suicide on their engagement day upon thinking that he loves Monica (Tulip Joshi). After many attempts, they see Anjali alive and she tells that Bachchan is a mental patient, and in his mind, she is dead. Soon, they learn that she is lying, and she reveals the truth. Bachchan was in love with Anjali's elder sister Ashwini (Bhavana), who is doing MS in Bellary and wants to deliver honest services to the needy. However, her wish becomes an obstacle for a mining mafia don, Minister Madhusudhan (Pradeep Rawat), whose mining activities are causing harm to the common public living in the areas where the activities are taking place. Ashwini takes a step to fight against Madhusudhan and finds that most people who she believed were on her side are actually the minister's men. They brutally kill her. Bharat takes revenge for the wrongdoings of these men in the end by killing all of them. The court acquits him thinking that he is mentally unstable.
- Sudeep as Bharat aka Bachchan
- Jagapathi Babu as Vijay Kumar
- Bhavana as Ashwini (Voice dubbed by Lakshmi Manmohan)
- Parul Yadav as Anjali (Voice dubbed by Deepa Bhaskar)
- Tulip Joshi as Monica
- Jai Jagadish as Bharath's father
- Sudha Belawadi as Bharath's mother
- Nassar as Dr. Srinivasa Iyengar
- Pradeep Rawat as Minister Madhusudhan
- Ashish Vidyarthi as Mahesh Deshpande
- P. Ravi Shankar as Jayaraj
- Ramakrishna as Ramnath (Anjali's father)
- Shruthi as Lakshmavva aka Lakshmi
- Achyuth Kumar as Sanyappa Gadigi (Lakshmi's husband)
- Sadhu Kokila as Jewellery Store Staff
- Bullet Prakash as Broker Puttaswamy
- Arun Sagar as Assistant CCB Officer
- Daisy Shah in item number
Initially, Aindrita Ray was approached for the lead female role. Later Bhavana was finalized as the leading lady. Jagapati Babu has been signed up to do a special appearance in film. P. Ravi Shankar, Ashish Vidyarthi, and Pradeep Rawat were roped in to play the roles of the villains. For the second lead actress role, an upcoming successful actress, Deepa Sannidhi, had been signed on first. However, on 19 June, reports came out that the actress had been ousted following a change in the script and instead, Pranitha Subhash had been reportedly roped in The makers had been on the lookout for a suitable replacement, which they found in Bollywood actor Tulip Joshi.
The film made its theatrical release on 11 April 2013 on over 190 theatres. The satellite rights of the film was sold for ₹35 million (US$490,000). It was made with the budget of ₹110 million (US$1.5 million) grossed more than ₹15 million (US$210,000) on day one and collected ₹80 million (US$1.1 million) in the first week. The film grossed ₹250 million (US$3.5 million) at the box office. The film has completed 75 days at 15 theaters. The Film also released in Dubai and other middle eastern countries on 18 April 2013. and also released in Germany and Australia. The Telugu dubbed version was released on 17 May 2014 in over 300 theatres.
The critics appreciated the technical aspects, making style and the camera work of the film. Shekar of OneIndia Entertainment gave a 4/5 and concluded saying "Bachchan is high octane action entertainer with all the commercial elements to impress the mass. Sudeep's performance is the main highlight in the film. " Chitraloka also rated a 4/5 saying "Though it is basically an action movie, there is enough of drama, suspense, sentiments, humour and melodies to make it one of the best packaged movies seen in Sandalwood in recent times". Sify rated the movie a 4/5 and concluded "Sudeep comes out on the top with his brilliant performance, both in acting and in action sequences. When it comes to action movies, it could be one of Sudeep's best".
The soundtrack of the album was released on 10 February 2013.
|Soundtrack album by|
10 February 2013
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Hello Hello"||Vijay Prakash||4:20|
|2.||"Onchuru"||Sudeep, Indu Nagaraj||4:19|
|3.||"Sadaa Ninna"||Sonu Nigam, Shreya Ghoshal||4:39|
|4.||"Mysore Paakalli"||Anuradha Bhat||4:01|
Awards and nominations
|61st Filmfare Awards South||Best Actor||Sudeep||Nominated|||
|Best Supporting Actress||Parul Yadav||Nominated|||
|3rd South Indian International Movie Awards||Best Film||Uday K Mehta||Nominated|||
|Best Comedian||Bullet Prakash||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Parul Yadav||Nominated|
|Best Dance Choreographer||Harsha||Nominated|
|Best Cinematographer||Shekar Chandru||Nominated|
- "Bachchan Movie Reviews, Stills & Wallpapers | Sulekha Movies" – via movies.sulekha.com.
- "Bhavana is the third actress in Bachchan". Times of India. 31 May 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "'Bachchan' Suddep film trailer release by VR". Supergoodmovies. 1 June 2012. Archived from the original on 4 June 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Bachchan Releasing In Dubai - chitraloka.com | Kannada Movie News, Reviews | Image". chitraloka.com.
- "HugeDomains.com - FilmyTimes.com is for sale (Filmy Times)". hugedomains.com. Cite uses generic title (help)
- "Kannada Movie ' Bachchan' in Perth and Melbourne". India2Australia. Archived from the original on 10 June 2013. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "Bachchan to release in Germany and Australia - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 10 June 2013.
- "ಅಡಿಲೆಡ್ ಗೆ ಅಡಿಯಿಟ್ಟ ಸುದೀಪ್ 'ಬಚ್ಚನ್' ಚಿತ್ರ". https://kannada.filmibeat.com. 26 July 2013. External link in
- "Shashank picks Andy!". IndiaGlitz. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Jagapathi enters Sandalwood with 'Bachchan- The Angry Young Man'". CNN-IBN. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Jagapathi Babu forays into Kannada films". Times of India. 2 June 2012. Retrieved 3 June 2012.
- "Deepa Sannidhi edged out of Bachchan". The Times of India. 19 June 2012.
- "Tulip in 'Bachchan — The Angry Young Man'". Times of India. Retrieved 25 July 2012.
- "3 shades of Sudeep's character in Bachchan - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "'Bachchan' Today in 190 Theatres". Indiaglitz. 11 April 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Bachchan grosses Rs 8 crore in first week - The Times of India". The Times Of India. 22 April 2013.
- "Dubai: Kannada movie 'Bachchan' to release across UAE". daijiworld.com.
- "'Bachchan' to have a big release on 17th". indiaglitz.com. 15 May 2014.
- "Bachchan – Movie Review: Sudeep's treat for Ugadi". filmibeat.com. 11 April 2013.
- "Bachchan Movie Review - chitraloka.com | Kannada Movie News, Reviews | Image". chitraloka.com.
- "Bachchan songs". Southsongs4u. Archived from the original on 2 April 2013. Retrieved 6 April 2013.
- "Best Actor Male". awards.filmfare.com.
- "Best Actor Supporting Role Female". awards.filmfare.com.
- "SIIMA nominees Kannada". siima.in. Archived from the original on 3 March 2016.